Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best fighters that never won a championship?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For sure not the best, but no one has mentioned Freddie Pendleton. He was a very good fighter, was matched incredibly tough and mis-managed.

Could have been a star if managed correctly, and definitely deserved AT LEAST one world title.

Comment

Rocky Juarez, in his prime he looked damn good. He almost beat Crhis John for the championship in their first fight.

Comment

Surprised only one mention for golota.

Its hard to find guys who never won a single belt as theres so many belts. Though golota got robbed against both byrd and ruiz in title fights. I mean hell he dropped ruiz twice? thats two 10-8 rounds plus beat him most of the other rounds, disgusting fight.

Not an ATG or anything but he was really good for a guy to never hold one of the 4 main belts.

Comment

Howard Davis Jr. One of the best jabs in the sport, solid technique.

Comment

What about Jerry Quarry?

Comment

Peter Jackson... victim of the times and Sam langford

Comment

David Tua is probably the best Heavyweight of the last forty years not to at least win a belt, especially considering how many guys he beat who did.

Comment

Originally posted by GTL View Post
                  mickey ward was a good fighter
                  he won one....my choice is david tua. he beat 4 former world champions(maskaev, ruiz, moorer, rahman)

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                    Surprised only one mention for golota.

Its hard to find guys who never won a single belt as theres so many belts. Though golota got robbed against both byrd and ruiz in title fights. I mean hell he dropped ruiz twice? thats two 10-8 rounds plus beat him most of the other rounds, disgusting fight.

Not an ATG or anything but he was really good for a guy to never hold one of the 4 main belts.
                    i said tua but golota is another good choice

Comment

Michael Katsidis. Deserved an alphabet belt at least.

Comment

Working...
                      X