Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you agree with ESPN as Pacquiao #4 P4P?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
    Many Pacquiao just beat Timothy Bradley (official result notwithstanding), who was in most people's top 10 p4p lists. While Mayweather beat Cotto, Ward beat Dawson at 168, and Martinez beat Chavez Jr. Bradley > Cotto, Dawson at 168, and Chavez Jr. I don't understand the sudden demotions at all.
    ^^^this...

Comment

1.Floyd
      2.Bradley
      3.Pacquaio
      4.Marquez
      5.Ward/Martinez(tie)

Comment

should be lower.

ward
        mayweather
        martinez
        donaire
        bradley
        marquez
        pacquiao

Comment

Originally posted by Defututus View Post
          if you really believe it couldn't have gone the other way

unofficial scorers were 57-51 with 36 scoring it a draw
          bradley pacquiao it's 120 for pacquiao, 1 with a win for bradley, another with a draw
          So Pac/JMM3 was closer than the Bradley fight, thanks for the scoop.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
            I don't think so. One is an official loss the other one close. Either way P4P is a ranking of how if boxers at the same weight were to compete against each other who would win. Floyd's boxing style and his ability to perform at it imo puts him ahead of pac.

Also Floyd did win by a large margin against Cotto... apparently no one saw the scores, it wasn't even close. Floyd is #1 on a lot of lists based off his pure talent and proven ability to win, over a what have you done for me lately thing. IMO him and ward are interchangable depending on how you want to look at it. No way is sergio in the top 2. If you're criticizing Floyds who's sergio beaten recently and how'd he look doing it?
            Thats practically all you need to read.

I have Ward at 1, Pacquiao at 2, and Mayweather at 3. Thats my opinion

Comment

Lost to Marquez and then beat Bradley, either way he's 1-1 in his last 2 fights against guys he made move up. #4 is correct.

The three guys ranked higher deserve to be ranked higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                So Pac/JMM3 was closer than the Bradley fight, thanks for the scoop.
                i had pac losing the marquez fight both times i watched it but felt he won against bradley when i saw it live which = meaningless. i don't score fights live. i had bradley winning by a point the next day. 4 close rounds total in an already close fight, in my opinion.

Comment

I agree, Ward and Martinez are the only ones that are active and still fighting legitimate opponents..Mayweather should not be number one. No one with as much inactivity as him should be considered the #1 P4P at this moment:

Ward
                  Martinez
                  Mayweather
                  Pacman

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
                    I don't think so. One is an official loss the other one close. Either way P4P is a ranking of how if boxers at the same weight were to compete against each other who would win. Floyd's boxing style and his ability to perform at it imo puts him ahead of pac.

Also Floyd did win by a large margin against Cotto... apparently no one saw the scores, it wasn't even close. Floyd is #1 on a lot of lists based off his pure talent and proven ability to win, over a what have you done for me lately thing. IMO him and ward are interchangable depending on how you want to look at it. No way is sergio in the top 2. If you're criticizing Floyds who's sergio beaten recently and how'd he look doing it?
                    If that's the case then Floyd shouldn't even be ranked. A fighter that's afraid for his health . P4P coward you mean.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                      Lost to Marquez and then beat Bradley, either way he's 1-1 in his last 2 fights against guys he made move up. #4 is correct.

The three guys ranked higher deserve to be ranked higher.
                      LOL at your bias right there. Let see, JMM fought once at 147 at WW. JMM has been following Pac in every weight division that Pac goes up too. Bradley has fought once at 147 and been calling out Pac(Mayweather also), and he damns now those fight is gonna happen at 147.

Comment

Working...
                      X