Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Salido-Garcia, Juanma-Vazquez in Play For 2/2 in PR

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WV2 looks small for SB and now he's moving up to Feather if there's one thing Juanma can do is he can punch and punch hard this might not be that far of a stretch for him a smaller guy coming up in weight ex-champ rival , after all he didn't look that good against Oliver in a tune-up so why take a risk go for the big fight now should help his motivation also.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
      Oh yea, I know that. But I was talking about the last part of the article, where he says he will fight WV2 WHEREVER.
      Gotcha. I guess he feels he'll KHTFO. And I would agree.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        Gotcha. I guess he feels he'll KHTFO. And I would agree.
        I mean, I agree he would probably K the **** Out of WV2 but hey you never know right? WV2 might actually survive...

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          I mean, I agree he would probably K the **** Out of WV2 but hey you never know right? WV2 might actually survive...
          Anything can happen, yes. But I wouldn't bet on it. lol

I don't think Salido has many good fights left in him. But if he fought Wilfredo right now, he kills the guy.

Comment

Salido is the man, sure he lost 11 fights, so what. He is one tough determined SOB. Him and Garcia should be a great fight. Salido should never fight a PR in PR again though, the scoring down there is horrid. Has Juanma ever even fought outside PR lol? Juanma may beat Vazquez but I think those two brutal KO's from Salido permanently damaged him.

Comment

Nice. Looking forward to both fights.

Comment

Had high hopes for Juanma but his lack of defense and suspect chin is his downfall. He learned nothing going in to the second Salido fight. No surprise the outcome was the same. Can't wait for the Garcia Salido fight. Wouldn't be surprised if Salido pulled an upset again.

Comment

damn that's a good card....

Comment

And why is HBO getting this card? I can imagine that the money was right, but still, this story line should've finished playing out on Showtime.

HBO deserves all of the lackluster cards that they can handle, because of their attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
                      thats the same thing that was said in juanma rematch...garcia has never faced a top fighter,salido has,we don't know if garcia can take a punch,we know salido has been dropped but gets right up,and juanma hits hard,i don't think salido is that hard of a puncher,he's more of a volume puncher with avg power that wears you down,he just keeps coming and we'll see how mikey reacts to that,garcia at times seems to just stand there and not throw many combinations
                      The bold is where all of this controversy lies. The statement is an opinion based on facts we don't even really know 'YET'. I'll explain.

'Garcia at times seems to just stand there and not throw many Combinations.' Should he have to? does the quantity of punches thrown determine the true capacity of a fighter? Is it really that Garcia hasn't faced a top fighter... or is it that his technique is so good that his opponents look like amateurs?

Take a look at Canelo - Lopez. We had threads predicting the same hurt Lopez put on Ortiz was goin to be applied to Canelo. However, when Canelo fought him, Lopez looked like he was in the wrong Class. And that's when all the comments started. 'Lopez corner should never have taken the fight'. Others said 'Canelo is fightin nobodies.' Is he? Or is Canelo just that good?

Here are a few examples: Cotto vs Mayweather looked like Cotto didn't show up. donaire vs Nishioka looked like Nishioka didn't show up. Mikey vs Concepcion looked like Concepcion did show up. Obviously Canelo vs Lopez looked like Lopez didn't show up. (Rios - Gamboa... Gamboa definitely didn't show up!!) No but seriously, i dont believe that it's that the winners of these fights were not fightin 'Top fighters'. I don't think anyone would disagree in believin' that those who lost these fights are actually 'Great' fighters in their own right! I just believe that the fighters who won are really just that good.

Let me put it this way. If Lopez woulda dropped or hurt Canelo, not 1 comment woulda been made on the assumption that Canelo has only been fightin chumps! Lopez is a 'Great' boxer, but not crakkin' Canelo's jaw should not make him any less of a fighter.

I think sometimes we all just have so many high expectations of these boxers that we tend to forget that even 'Great' boxers have 'bad' days! After all, they are only human... maybe with the exception of Rios in his last fight! No ordinary fighter coulda taken so many 'Mile High' bombs n still stayed on his feet. Then again, maybe he really is just 'that good'. Y'all needa keep that in mind!
                      Last edited by panicchaser; 10-28-2012, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X