Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Emanuel Steward 1944-2012: A Legend Passes Away

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Manny!, you were one of the last real boxing trainers, those who actually made champs, you werent a media seeker who got his gym from an Actor (cough cough Roach). Even upon your death you were the best trainer in Boxing. Sadly people wont follow the steps you took, they have no balls, they want the celebrities and want to train 50 fighters.

A real tragedy, I shall change my avatar to your picture for a full year

Its getting dusty in here, tears in my eye's. A shame you get outlived by cheap hacks like Don King and Bob Arum

Comment

• Makes me sick realizing he's gone. We'll never forget what an all around great human being you were.

R.I.P Manny

Comment

• Originally posted by Medved View Post
        RIP Manny!, you were one of the last real boxing trainers, those who actually made champs, you werent a media seeker who got his gym from an Actor (cough cough Roach).
        Didn't Mickey Ward own the gym before Roach did?

Comment

• Goodbye...

Comment

• Medved, IMO you have the post of the year. Wish I could give green k but I'm all out.

Comment

• What was Manny's very last broadcast?

Was it Mayweather-Cotto?

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                What was Manny's very last broadcast?

Was it Mayweather-Cotto?
                Khan vs Garcia;

Comment

• Great Idea, I am doing the same, changing my avatar for a year in honor of Emanuel Steward, cheers, mate

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    Didn't Mickey Ward own the gym before Roach did?
                    No, Mickey Rourke was working in a movie and hired Roach to train him, after their training he donated/gave Roach the gym for some unknown reason.

As Hollywood as you can get. anyways thats OT.

Its a REAL shame we have lost Manny, out of so many scum in boxing alive today, we lose one of the few good people left. and people ask why im a atheist? Look at the fat mugs like Don King and Bob Arum who have bled and leeched boxing for decades stuffing their coffers while the REAL talented people like Manny die with little to nothing. Id give Manny one year of my life if I could to bring him back, or I would trade both of Bob Arums and Don Kings just to see him tell us goodbye for 5minutes.
                    Last edited by Medved; 10-25-2012, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                      Khan vs Garcia;
                      I'm gonna watch it now. Damn, this fckud my whole year up. I've been sad as hell all day.

I think we all feel like we lost a relative, friend, family friend, ect because we've been watching boxing for so long. When you hear his voice live for several times a month; several times a year, it feels like you actually know him.

Comment

Working...
                      X