No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cunningham Dares Other Welters To Face R. Bailey

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cunningham Dares Other Welters To Face R. Bailey

On Saturday night Devon Alexander became a two division champion with a dominate win over Randall Bailey. The fight opened up Showtime's quadruple header at the newly opened Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY.

While Alexander was dominant, the fight wasn't very exciting. Bailey rarely opened up and didn't let his hands go very often. In fact, the CompuBox numbers revealed that Bailey only averaged 17 thrown punches per round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Why?? so he can stand there and throw 4 punches a round?

Comment

Randall Bailey isn't that special. Just a really poor version of James Kirkland. His Mike Jones win was good but he was outboxed for the most part. Bailey is on the level of an Edison Miranda. Actually, even Miranda looks better on one's resume than Bailey.

Don't mean to sh-t on Bailey, he's a big puncher and seems like a humble guy but Cunningham shouldn't hype him up like this.

Comment

I dare? How old is this guy? Of the current active, Corley, Ishe and Cotto already beat him soundly and one didnt look like sht doing it.

Comment

"Nobody looks good against Bailey."

Comment

"Nobody looks good against Bailey"

Comment

Bailey is boring

IMHO this was a fight where both guys were afraid to take chances. Any fight like that will result in a boring fight. Randall Bailey may have power but after that low output fight, I doubt any network will risk the chance of another coma inducing fight. The only way he'd be fun to watch is if fought with a slugger. Any decent boxer will box circles around him. It was an embarrassing way to open up the new arena to boxing fans.

Bailey v Aydin may produce fireworks but I can't see any other interesting fights for him at 147.

Also, who is advising Devon? He's been in some horrible (boring) match-ups lately.

Comment

I lol'd the second I saw the title of this thread. I like Devon all right, but Cunningham is really annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
                  I dare? How old is this guy? Of the current active, Corley, Ishe and Cotto already beat him soundly and one didnt look like sht doing it.
                  Obviously you didn't see Bailey's fight with Corley or Ishe.

Comment

17 punches a round

Comment

Working...
                    X