Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photo: George Groves' Controversial Pic To Anderson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why didnt he just take a picture of his pants full off poo to show that he is ****ing himself at the thought of getting anderson in shape. i used to like you groves, now i think your a match stick looking nob cheese

Comment

Originally posted by komodo View Post
      He got caught with a short left he didn't see coming. Groves showed heart made his man miss and made him pay. He landed some bombs in the 6th, that was a fair stoppage sooner or later Anderson would have ended up on his arse.

Anderson looked like **** against shot to **** Reid, he's average at best. Groves will do a job on him if they ever have a rematch.
      It was a joke stoppage considering the state Groves was in earlier in the fight and that was Anderson on 2 weeks notice. I dont even rate Anderson but Groves going around trying to convince people that he beat him up in the first fight is a laugh.

Just like how he claims he "bashed up" DeGale

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        It was a joke stoppage considering the state Groves was in earlier in the fight and that was Anderson on 2 weeks notice. I dont even rate Anderson but Groves going around trying to convince people that he beat him up in the first fight is a laugh.

Just like how he claims he "bashed up" DeGale
        DeGale fight could have gone either way I think I had Chunky up by one but can't argue with the decision.

After the KD Groves looked fine to be fair, he clearly won the fourth and didn't have any trouble after. He was clearly doing the better work, landing the better shots and making Anderson miss.

Perhaps he under estimated Anderson before the fight but I genuinely feel Groves would show him up next time out if that ever comes about.

Comment

Originally posted by komodo View Post
          ^^^This^^^

Groves has nothing to prove to Anderson. He's stopped him once, rather get that US exposure than to beat Anderson up again.
          Just to let you know, you misunderstood the guy you were quoting.

Anyway, I'd pick Groves to win a rematch but he didn't conclusively prove Anderson would have no chance. He only had 2 weeks notice first time around.

But the point is that Groves talked so much **** for months and then continually avoided the rematch, faking injuries and having his promoter bid to stage the fight and then pretend he couldn't find a venue, it was all really sad and it's a **** move even if you're the best fighter in the world. If US exposure was so important he should've vacacted the title back in 2011 and hopped on a plane the next day.

Today's latest **** move is pretty ******, because every boxing fan associates throwing a belt in a bin rather than facing a mandatory as a duck move because Rid**** Bowe did it. How much of an idiot do you have to be to re-enact an image that represents ducking a better fighter than yourself?

Comment

After Groves-DeGale, a lot of people said that DeGale acting like a prick so much had counted against him and possibly lost him the biggest fight of his career.

Seems like Groves saw that and thought "maybe I should act like a prick as well".

Very smart.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
              Just to let you know, you misunderstood the guy you were quoting.
              I didn't misunderstand anything.

I agreed with the post in general then gave a reason as to why I thought Groves fought Sierra instead of a rematch with Anderson.

Comment

Anderson is pretty mince as a fighter, limited in mostly all aspects.

However, he dropped Groves first time, rocked him big time at the end of the same round and generally bullied him for 4 rounds....with 2 weeks notice. Now Groves came back well and gutted it out which is something I believe every fighter needs to go through, but to act like he's way above Anderson is not smart considering how their fight went.

Comment

Wasn't he stripped due to inactivity? I don't think he was ducking Anderson; but being around Haye has definitely rubbed off on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    Trash who had him hurt and on the canvas.
                    I wasn't saying I think he is trash, I was just answering the question.

Comment

Aside from Chisora which other fight has profited from the move to BoxNation? Is that place the graveyard for a boxers career or what?

Comment

Working...
                      X