No announcement yet.

Brook is the most hyped Boxer to come out of Britain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    Its funny how people are saying he's overhyped before anyone has even hyped it.

Its like some kind of ******ed pre-emptive strike.

I haven't really seen many people saying tonight's win was anything special. He put on a good performance and did what he had to do.
    sky is hyping him hard. "HE IS THE REAL DEAL!" "HE HAS FREAKISH POWER" just some of the quotes after he knocked out a complete bum and they pretend like his last fight never happened now that the bum was destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      It's fine not to be sold.

However, there are as many trashing him as praising him, it works both ways. He looked good tonight against a high ranked opponent, that's what he was supposed to do.
      I agree, the trash is just as out of hand as the hype. But come on man, even the British broadcast was hyping him beyond belief, every question has been answered and then some? I don't think so, we just need to take a step back and see how he does in his next fight.

Personally I don't think it will be a title fight unless tonight's winner vacates.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        sky is hyping him hard. "HE IS THE REAL DEAL!" "HE HAS FREAKISH POWER" just some of the quotes after he knocked out a complete bum and they pretend like his last fight never happened now that the bum was destroyed.
        This is exactly what I am talking about. He looked good, but come on you got guys here saying he's a top 5 welter weight.

Comment

Its fine not to be sold. But like it not Saldivia was ranked and Brook did everything he needed in a punch perfect performance. You couldn't ask for more from that fight IMO

He will show how good he is next time out against Bailey/Alexander. He is most certainly for real and is only going to keep getting better.
          Last edited by dan_cov; 10-20-2012, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Ugh welll duh....DUH they show his fights you fukin spastic. They have an exclusive deal with Matchroom and will obviously hype every fighter in that stable that looks good. DUH. Thats their job...DUH.

Comment

Yeah and I remember how Devon Alexander was the "heir to the P4P throne" after he beat Juan Urango

Comment

Originally posted by turkas View Post
                This is exactly what I am talking about. He looked good, but come on you got guys here saying he's a top 5 welter weight.

Ring Magazine #3 Boxrec #6

Look at this way - Most of that top 10 have only had 1 fight at welterweight.

Chris van Heerden has done far less than Brook and look at his ratings, hell his next fights against a Kell Brook victim.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  Its fine not to be sold. But like it not Saldivia was ranked and Brook did everything he needed in a punch perfect performance. You couldn't ask for me from that fight IMO

He will show how good he is next time out against Bailey/Alexander. He is most certainly for real and is only going to keep getting better.
                  I agree, he did everyone he could and more tonight. However, there are still plenty of questions to be answered, it is certainly not known yet if he is the real deal or not.

I wouldn't bank on him fighting the winner of that fight unless it's Bailey. No way Devon goes across the pound and I don't think Brook will come here either. I bet GBP pays him some step aside money and we either see Alexander Malignaggi or Alexander against another top 10 147 guy based in the states.

Hell, Devon will vacate before he goes over seas when he can make the same money or more fighting in the states.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    Ugh welll duh....DUH they show his fights you fukin spastic. They have an exclusive deal with Matchroom and will obviously hype every fighter in that stable that looks good. DUH. Thats their job...DUH.
                    just cause they show his fights means they have to lie? they have no integrity.

Comment

Originally posted by C E L L View Post
                      malignaggi absolutely has zero chance against kell brook.

it would be like vegeta thinking he has a chance against me.
                      Green.

Comment

Working...
                      X