Rios Could Stop Pacquiao...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    Man this Rios hype is out of control.
    I know these people have got to be ******ed making thread like this. Pacquio would MURDER Rios, how blind can people be? Rios is so slow, has no movement and would just walk straight into Pacquiao.

Look what Pac did to Margarito who is a much bigger Rios. The only reason Marg didn't get KO'd is cause the fight was at 150 so he could take Pac's punches a bit better, and cause Pac just let Marg finish the fight at the end because he was bored with using him as a punching bag and felt bad for him.

But Rios would get knocked down multiple times against Pac before the ref stops it to save him from being forced into retirement

Comment

Rios would cause him lots of problems for the first few rounds.

His chin will hold up while he rushes and he'll land some clean shots.

But he'll be a bloody mess and out of there within 7-8 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by OralLepercy View Post
        If he could stay on the inside, hammer that body. Pacquiao is all mid-range, Hates it to the body and grabs and holds on the inside. Rios biggest problem in a Pacquiao fight is the power and speed difference. I have seen slow guys like Margo and Hatton temporarily get Pacquiao on the inside to the body. Also, pacquiao looked like ***** his last couple of fights. could be fading

This is not to say that the fight is a good fight, though, but it could be entertaining while it last.

No Rios Hype -
        Pacquiao Is Overrated
        Its ok for rios to soak up punches that he can see. But against manny he would have to have 360 vision to see all the shots. PAcman's footwork and speed would be too much for brandon. I like brandon and think he can have a good career, but he isnt elite like manny or floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
          Anything can happen if he gets in there with PAC. The only time it can't happen is if he says health come first to PAC.
          Well he doesn't want to end up like ali. You know respected

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
            Pacquiao grabs and holds on the inside??? I can't think of a single Freddie Roach fighter that grabs and holds on the inside...

Also, Ricky Hatton was fast... That was one of his defining features
            Ricky hatton closed the distance fast, which is the reason people thought he'd be a good match up for floyd. His hand speed is average. And most of freddie roach fighters hold when fighters close that gap.(see amir khan vs lamot peterson).

Comment

Originally posted by Oh you out son View Post
              I know these people have got to be ******ed making thread like this. Pacquio would MURDER Rios, how blind can people be? Rios is so slow, has no movement and would just walk straight into Pacquiao.

Look what Pac did to Margarito who is a much bigger Rios. The only reason Marg didn't get KO'd is cause the fight was at 150 so he could take Pac's punches a bit better, and cause Pac just let Marg finish the fight at the end because he was bored with using him as a punching bag and felt bad for him.

But Rios would get knocked down multiple times against Pac before the ref stops it to save him from being forced into retirement
              Your assuming pacquiao is the same fighter and also margo was just tall. Physically pacquiao looked stronger in the figth because of margo being drained. Also want to point out that pacquiao last two opponents were smaller fighters moving up, granted they were skilled boxers that force pacquiao to think. Also, i said rios could "COULD" stop pacquiao if he got on the inside and landed to the body. You act as if i just said rios would ko pacquiao. If you watched pacquiao face you would know he doesnt like it to the body, rios threw good body sots in his last fight.

Comment

Rios would get knocked out in 2 or 3 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  dude, stop it. rios is what he is. which simply isnt much. u do realize that hes losing a majority of the fights hes been in lately before he knocks his opponents out rite? serverely underrating? if i see another rios thread i might just shoot myself. rios isnt even as good as prime arturo gatti
                  true, but like many others your assuming i'm hyping up rios when i'm really downplaying pacquiao ability. Pacquiao is all ****ing mid-range. Anyone that can mount an attack on the inside or out can give him problems. Pacquiaos last two opponent were guys we thought he would steam roll. wtf happen, nothing. they went all 12 rounds. Bradley on a bad ankle went 12 and he has no damn power or advantages over pacquiao.

Comment

loooooooooooooooooooooooool

Comment

Pac might be one dimensional in some aspects, but it is a hell of a one dimension. You have to give him a shyt ton more credit than that.

Comment

Working...
                      X