Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Merchant: Rios is a Good Opponent For Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make it happen Arum. Rios is not the kind of fighter who would rob the paying public blind of their hard earned money. He will fight to the death unlike these past opponents of the Pacman. They promise to massacre Paq and when fight comes, they run for their lives, backpedal all night and cover their faces with their gloves terrified of throwing punches. And I'm sick of these guys getting millions of dollars and fight only to survive.

Comment

double post

Comment

I've already seen this fight. It was called Margarito-Pacquiao.

Comment

Pac/Bam would be a nice high paying sparring session for both. Unfortunately for Rios, fight w/ Pac could be his last. Bam should avoid Pac for now and fight Garcia/Morales winner instead or even Bradley on Dec 15th.

Comment

Originally posted by theocdog View Post
            I've already seen this fight. It was called Margarito-Pacquiao.
            The difference is that Marg was slow, old and inactive.

Merchant makes the point that Rios is young, prime and coming off a great win that has everyone talking.

Rios - Pac makes sense from a business point of view. Its a fight you can recommend to a non-boxing fan.

Plus, people are forgetting Pac hasnt looked the same for some time now. Does he really have the power and fire to go to war with Rios all night? In 2009, it would be a mismatch, but Pac is on his way down. And this fight promises fireworks.

Its not Floyd - Maidana, because Maidana wouldnt lay a glove on Floyd. Rios - Pac is a war for as long as it lasts.

Comment

Rios will break Pacquaio down late and stop him mark my words.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                It actually is worse.

Ortiz beat a top 3 WW champion. Rios beat a top 10 JWW contender.
                Top 3 WW? Who? Berto? LMAO! Berto is a well known HBO puppet, an over hype WW.

I'd like to see a Ortiz-Rios matchup, seems interesting but too late, Ortiz glass jaw would crack open coz of that surgery.

Comment

Vodka Breath Merchant just means a good opponent because he'll make Pacquiao look devastating. Rios is slow, dumb, has no defense and can take some punishment. He will fare somewhere between Hatton and Margarito against Pac. Rios would last maybe 5 rounds and never be competitive on a world class level again because of the mental and physical damage.

Comment

would be a great fight,Rios is an animal,and Manny has lost much of his animal instinct,pacman can no longer fight toe t toe for 12 rounds,anyone declaring one or the other a winner is silly this is truly a tossup fight ,youth vs experience,and at this point in time rios looks far stronger,Id have to see how manny looks after jmm 4 ,thats the fight of mannys career rt now like it or not,Manny aint fiten jmm4 because he thinks he won the last time,in his own words-"in a bradley fight there was nothing left to prove against JMM theres lots left to prove"

Comment

What a clean shot...........

Comment

Working...
                      X