Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rios-Alvarado for me is what boxing entertainment is all about!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johncods View Post
    You clearly don`t **** about boxing. Fighting on the inside is a skill. Being able to stay composed and throw combos while in close with another man trying to take your head off is not easy to do. It requires great technique, focus and BALLS!!

I bet you haven't boxed a single round in your life.
    Obviously he hasn't. Great post though.

Comment

Originally posted by iseah100 View Post
      I find it funny that the people that say they didn't enjoy it are the people that like watching Bernard Hopkins tap an opponent twice, then grab him, then push him away and throw another shot. Or Andre Ward grab every 15 seconds, or Tim Bradley, Devon Alexander etc. Lol. It was a great fight that showed skill as well. Fighting inside like that is not easy, you're not just throwing punches, anyone who has fought themselves knows that.
      I bet 99.9% of people that say inside fighting requires no skill has never boxed a single round in their life.

Comment

Yeah it was a hell of a fight. I enjoy wars and I enjoy technical fights, there's room for both in boxing. Both contain essential aspects of the sport : precision, beauty and savagery.

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
          I bet 99.9% of people that say inside fighting requires no skill has never boxed a single round in their life.
          Haha of course they haven't. It's okay, i'll invite them to my gym and we can go in a phonebooth. Let's see if just anyone can do it. You also have to have serious balls to be able to fight like that.

Comment

Haha of course they haven't. It's okay, i'll invite them to my gym and we can go in a phonebooth. Let's see if just anyone can do it. You also have to have serious balls to be able to fight like that.
            Agreed. It's funny how a good inside fighter can turn everyone into an outside guy. So it's so easy that they make a guy use his "Skills"

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
              This **** is just dumb. The inside game is just like chess on it's own. Obviously you don't ****ing know much about boxing because that's where the most thinking comes into play. You always have to be on par or ahead of your opponent because if you fall behind you're beyond ****ed.

I really don't get how being a brawler or inside fighter is easier than using footwork to maintain a proper distance and jabbing. Being inside is DEFENSE FIRST and offense secondary in most situations. But everyone thinks its two guys throwing their hands with zero idea how to defend themselves. There have always been "weaker guys" throughout history who fought inside. It's a shame that you generalize and don't know much about the sport.

These two men showed heart, skill, determination, and some damn good chins.

As for casual fans, they see punches being thrown into other peoples faces. That's it. Sometimes they hit and land more often then others. That simple
              lol..........when did I say inside fighting is not a skill? The question is are alot of these brawlers good inside figthters? Just because you throw non stop punches and disregard defense doesnt make you a great inside fighter.

Its funny how everyone is defending these guys and bring up inside fighting. Have you see guys like Mayweather & Ward on the inside? Or a Hopkins, etc.......?

These guys are like surgeons on the inside. They have 10x more skill than a guy like Rios. Floyd would carve Rios up so bad on the inside. Just look at the Abril fight? Who killed who on the inside? Abril was tearing Rios arse up. He couldnt land and Abril was landing at will.

Thats what I mean. Dont assume that because they are brawlers that they are better inside fighters. They arent in alot of cases. Infact, Alverado was truly winning the fight, using a style like Floyd & Abril.

Dont get it twisted though. I gave them props. I loved the fight. It was mad exciting to me but dont tell me that this is real boxing and the other stuff isnt. It all is. Thats my point

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                lol..........when did I say inside fighting is not a skill? The question is are alot of these brawlers good inside figthters? Just because you throw non stop punches and disregard defense doesnt make you a great inside fighter.

Its funny how everyone is defending these guys and bring up inside fighting. Have you see guys like Mayweather & Ward on the inside? Or a Hopkins, etc.......?

These guys are like surgeons on the inside. They have 10x more skill than a guy like Rios. Floyd would carve Rios up so bad on the inside. Just look at the Abril fight? Who killed who on the inside? Abril was tearing Rios arse up. He couldnt land and Abril was landing at will.

Thats what I mean. Dont assume that because they are brawlers that they are better inside fighters. They arent in alot of cases. Infact, Alverado was truly winning the fight, using a style like Floyd & Abril.

Dont get it twisted though. I gave them props. I loved the fight. It was mad exciting to me but dont tell me that this is real boxing and the other stuff isnt. It all is. Thats my point

Comment

Abril was in the pocket for much of that fight and Rios couldnt land clean

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                    Abril was in the pocket for much of that fight and Rios couldnt land clean
                    Abril didn't do **** either but hug him. He didn't deserve to win that fight.

Comment

Boxing elitist and their "chess match" posts. Chess matches don't bring in ratings.

Comment

Working...
                      X