No announcement yet.

Who beats Lucas at 140?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
    i think more people are talking about him for his more recent wins. he changed as a fighter imo from those losses, and i think some people are seeing that. and i'm not one saying he beats everyone from 140-147 besides floyd. no one should either. he needs to fight solid WWs before saying stuff like that. at 140, i think he arguably stands alone.
    He's just beaten two decent fighters in Olusegun and Soto, and had close fights with Judah and Alexander.

He's good, I want Garcia-Matthysse next year.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      I know Matthysse is a very good fighter. But he's getting wildy overrated for beating Olusegun, Soto, and for having close fights that he arguably won against Judah and Alexander. I mean all of a sudden, he's beating everyone from 140-147 aside from Floyd. Get real. He's very good, and Garcia-matthysse is THE FIGHT right now at 140. But people need to relax.
      Who mentioned him going up to 147? All I've heard is if a few 147 lbers came down to 140, Mathysse would win. Not Mathysse going up and beating guys at 147.

Secondly, I don't think anyone's overrating Mathysse. We're just calling him the best in the weight class that's all; and I think rightfully so.

It's not just the fact that he beat the guys you mentioned, it's how he's beating them and how the guys he fights describe what it's like fighting him afterwards. I don't think we're overrating him. If anything, Zab Judah overrated him. I think he called him a demon or something like that saying he's never experienced being in the ring with anyone like that. Take it up with those guys. I think the majority of fans just can't hate or turn a blind eye to someone handling business like Lucas.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
        bradley is a smart and determined fighter, but i just don't see bradley "turning him & out boxing him". not against the matthysse we've been seeing lately. opinions are opinions though, right? if only bradley was still champ at 140 and with shaw (cause i highly doubt dunkin/arum would put him in with a lesser known name that's promoted by gbp).
        ok............

A older judah for many of those rounds out boxed lucas.........I had lucas winning that fight but only by 2 points. this is against a very old judah.........& I also had him beating alexander but barely. i felt that lucas just came forward in many of those rounds against alexander without throwing anything & alexander was able to work on the outside & outbox him. people easily forget the rounds when a controversial decision happens.......bradley is a extremely conditioned athlete & is very versatile (especially at 140) I think he would outbox lucas at 140..........& yes. against the exact same lucas that we have been seeing lately..........

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
          you are crazy..pac (even at this stage) feasts on guys like mathysse..hell, i think rios gives him hell

People need to stop acting like Manny is Jones Jr passed it, or Ali in 78' passed it, or Tyson in 02' passed it.

He's still a very good fighter and beats everyone from 140-147 100% aside from Floyd.

Comment

He's just beaten two decent fighters in Olusegun and Soto, and had close fights with Judah and Alexander.

He's good, I want Garcia-Matthysse next year.
            Sometimes I feel like you have the weirdest matchmaking. No offense, I just scratch my head when I hear your potential matchups (i.e Canelo vs K-9)...

But anyway, after tonight, how could you "NOT" want Mathysse-Rios as the next fight?

Comment

I would love to see Rios vs Matthysse. I'm not a fan of either though.

Their aggressive style would trouble any fighter or boxer. Although I must say that Abril showed us that pure boxing can be lethal against Rios.

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
                you are crazy..pac (even at this stage) feasts on guys like mathysse..hell, i think rios gives him hell

I took you serious until you mentioned Rios, that mofo gets ate alive. He wanted the toughest mofo at 140 well his names Lucas Matthysse.

I bet on absolutely anything, Lucas absolutely destroys him! He is nowhere near Lucas's level, my god he would he end up on life support.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                  Who mentioned him going up to 147? All I've heard is if a few 147 lbers came down to 140, Mathysse would win. Not Mathysse going up and beating guys at 147.

Secondly, I don't think anyone's overrating Mathysse. We're just calling him the best in the weight class that's all; and I think rightfully so.

It's not just the fact that he beat the guys you mentioned, it's how he's beating them and how the guys he fights describe what it's like fighting him afterwards. I don't think we're overrating him. If anything, Zab Judah overrated him. I think he called him a demon or something like that saying he's never experienced being in the ring with anyone like that. Take it up with those guys. I think the majority of fans just can't hate or turn a blind eye to someone handling business like Lucas.
                  People mentioned him beating Pacquiao and Bradley, both current WW's. He would not. He has two decent wins over Soto and Olusegun and two close fights against Judah and Alexander. He's a good fighter. Garcia-Matthysse, That's the fight I want.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                    Sometimes I feel like you have the weirdest matchmaking. No offense, I just scratch my head when I hear your potential matchups (i.e Canelo vs K-9)...

But anyway, after tonight, how could you "NOT" want Mathysse-Rios as the next fight?
                    Matthysse and Rios has almost 0% chance at happening, for known reasons.

How would Garcia-Matthysse be a bad fight????....Seriously???

Garcia is the RING champ at 140, Matthysse is the #1 JWW. It's the best fight there right now.

Canelo vs. Bundrage wouldn't be bad, if Berto-Bundrage is off. Bundrage would be leaps and bounds better than Canelo fighting M. Hatton, Gomez, Mosley when he did, and Lopez.

Comment

People mentioned him beating Pacquiao and Bradley, both current WW's. He would not. He has two decent wins over Soto and Olusegun and two close fights against Judah and Alexander. He's a good fighter. Garcia-Matthysse, That's the fight I want.
                      They're, including myself, are saying if Pac came down to 140, Lucas has a very good chance of winning. If Bradley came down to 140, Lucas would probably win (I call it 55-45 Mathysse).

But I don't think anyone is saying Lucas goes up to 147 and beats those guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X