Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surprise, surprise, Donaire continues to duck Rigo. .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
    You'll see if they ever fight.

Rigo is a pretty small fighter, he's barely 5'5 with a 66 in reach donaire is about 5'6-5'7 with a 68 inch reach and a much bigger body mass.
    They have him listed as 66 inch reach. I don't believe that figure. Rigo has some LONG arms. Id say they would be about equal in size.

Comment

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
      Wait, I thought Rigo priced himself out... he changed tunes again. Sounds like another TR fighter.
      I was thinking the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
        I think that is a very smart analysis of the situation, although Donaire is much better than Hamed ever was.

Donaire has been hand picking opponents who can't punch, who have no hope, and who nobody knows.

Rigo is one of the best technicians to ever lace up the gloves. He has phenomenal power in both hands, otherworldly timing, and perfect technique.

Donaire has a style of letting guys hit him so they openup and give him chances to throw is own shots.

If he tries that with Rigo, his ass will end up on the canvas. Rigo hits to hard to do that. Donaire will have to try to outbox Rigo which I am not convinced he can do.
        Donaire is super legit compared to Hamed, ha! Great post, though. I think at times I even underestimate Rigo's power, but there have been bouts where he's given me reason to question.

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        Somehow Vazquez and Mathebula are more proven than Rigo according to Donaire fans.
        I'm still looking for all those Nishi huggers to address tonight's outstanding performance on soil that isn't Japanese.

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
          There's really no hype or fan base for Rigo outside of hardcore fans, and he has had limited exposure and most certainly hasn't capitalized on what he has had. Don't get me wrong, it's a fight I want to see. But how do you expect a prizefighter to be motivated for a fight that would not generate much revenue? Nishioka at least has a huge following in Japan. Rigo doesn't have a following because, well, it's Cuba, and pro-boxing is outlawed there, so the only way is to defect to the US. You're not bringing any Cubans over. His best win is Ramos... Give him some time because, yes, he does have the skill-set to give him trouble, but he certainly hasn't earned it. He's not high profile enough.
          I wonder why nonito fight mathebula?

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
            They have him listed as 66 inch reach. I don't believe that figure. Rigo has some LONG arms. Id say they would be about equal in size.
            lol no they are not. trust me, you will see the notable size difference if they fight right away during the weigh ins face to face and during the fight, not to mention Rigo's age.

Comment

That was just a terrible excuse. I'd favor Donaire, but it's close. Donaire is there to be hit with straight left hands and quick counters.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners
                That was just a terrible excuse. I'd favor Donaire, but it's close. Donaire is there to be hit with straight left hands and quick counters.
                Rigo was hurt twice by Marroquin, Donaire beats him. Too much power and matches his speed.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                  lol no they are not. trust me, you will see the notable size difference if they fight right away during the weigh ins face to face and during the fight, not to mention Rigo's age.
                  They're the same age.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    Rigo was hurt twice by Marroquin, Donaire beats him. Too much power and matches his speed.
                    Mayweather was hurt by Corley.

Comment

i'm not excited about a donaire-rigo fight. rigo is already a defensive fighter and he would just turn into a ultra-defensive fighter against donaire especially with his suspect chin. he would just shell-up all night fighting tentatively and i fcuking hate it when one fighter would just try to cover up waiting for opportunity while the other is initiating all the action.

most of donaire's opponents lately were like that. they try to bore him with almost no activity so he would turn reckless. rigo would do the same thing. good thing donaire showed some patience against nishioka. if he would fight like that, rigo has no chance.

Comment

Working...
                      X