Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surprise, surprise, Donaire continues to duck Rigo. .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Donaire fights Arce next then I'll feel fine with people calling him a duck, I'd call him one myself. But not after KO'ing Nishioka.

Comment

hahahha clear duck

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
        Who cares about the size difference? Marroquin is bigger then Nonito, and Rigo dropped him twice, once in the 12th.

People are acting like Marroquin had Rigo chicken dancing from jabs. They were legit shots, and Rigo recovered.

The only legit reason maybe is Rigo needs to add one more victory at 122.

This other shit is nonsense.
        he didn't even take any additional punches. He took one shot from a much bigger guy, buckled, and IMMEDIATELY regained his composure and went back to doing what he does.

Comment

Originally posted by illwill112 View Post
          Rigo does not = Floyd in terms of skill. Your argument is invalid.
          As a pure boxer Rigo is in fact at the same level or even better, the guy is a master technician.

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
            They are Low risk, low reward.
            Rigo = high risk, low reward.

How many Cuban pros have had a Cuban following? Exactly. The Cuban population isn't as big as Mexican and Puerto Rico. Donaire is a huge name among the new found Filipino fan base, that was generated by Pacquiao.

When he mentioned exciting, he was talking about his preparation for a fight.

Let's take a look at fights Donaire has been excited for during prep:
            Darchinyan
            Montiel
            Marquez
            Nishioka

The results were clear.

A lot of you look at boxers as your entertainers and movie-like figures, but you have to realize this is how they make their living. They spend at least 3 months training vigorously to fight someone to earn a paycheck. It's hectic. Rigo does not present, by any means, a money making fight. There's a good chance Donaire loses to Rigo, so lets play cause and effect. So if Nonito DID lose against Rigo, that means he gets lowered on the totem poll. When you lose, you don't quite make the same amount of money your next fight. Especially if you lose to someone like Rigo. So how would you like making 50% less on your next few paychecks all because you took a high-risk low-reward choice? Nonito might as well wait it out till someone with a bigger name steps up to Rigo and loses before Rigo earns a shot.
            Donaire is fighting on B.A.D... they don't even bump his fights up to World Championship Boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
              he didn't even take any additional punches. He took one shot from a much bigger guy, buckled, and IMMEDIATELY regained his composure and went back to doing what he does.
              People conveniently leave out the fact that Rigo dropped Marroquin twice en route to boxing clinic.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Donaire was so superior to the #1 at 122 it was unbelievable.

The only times he let his hands go he got dropped.
                at least nishioka took his chances after he got dropped...the other guys donaire fought before fought just to survive one they tested his power. donaire is just too lethal with his once punch ko power in addition to his skills and speed. i just don't like his attitude sometimes...he gets too co'cky. his reaction to the post fight interview regarding rigo is just him being co'cky...don't see why he needs to duck a fighter like rigo.
                Last edited by brick wall; 10-14-2012, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
                  People conveniently leave out the fact that Rigo dropped Marroquin twice en route to boxing clinic.
                  They also leave out that he is a world champion of a legit belt when they talk about him only having 11 fights.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                    Rigo is a very prudent fighter. I guarantee they have a game plan for every fight, and he follows it too to the T.

Some fights the game plan is to go blast a guy out in a couple rounds, others the plan is to go out and bomb the body, other times his plan has been to make the fight painfully slow and pile up points.

His power is obviously there. Even as an amateur he was dropping dudes left and right with one punch, and still whenever he starts to put mustard behind is shots, dudes fall, and they fall hard.

Rigo is probably one of the hardest body punchers in the sport at the moment as well. That bollo left to the body is absolutely BRUTAL.
                    No bull at all. He's able to adjust. Not saying Donaire can't [he did with his hurt hand tonight], but the guy is brilliant from a technical standpoint. His punches are much more precise than Donaire's. It's just tough to gauge his power right now. I don't have a doubt that he can outbox Donaire, though.

Comment

• Duck or not I mean who else will he fight? Winner of the mares fight and then who? Just fight Rigo and remove the doubt. Some of the fighters these days could avoid all the ish talk if theyd just clean out. Fight whoever there's even a slight doubt about you losing to. I mean I agree with Donaire to an extent, but s hit man. Take the fight. If he isnt as good as you try to make it out to seem then habdle your business, get paid, fight the next guy getting hype and erase it. Just look at Ward as an example. I mean it looks bad when you're like "I'll fight anyone!" Max : " Rigondeaux?" Donaire: "Well the thing is... "

Congrats on the win though. Looks like I was right to trust my instinct.

Comment

Working...
                      X