Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surprise, surprise, Donaire continues to duck Rigo. .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
    Never heard of rigo turning down a fight im sure he wouldnt turn down Vic. When he wins all Donaire is gonna say is he fighting my old leftovers. Remember i said this.
    That might turn out to be the case. Doesn't change that Rigo needs some guys with profile to build on and more fights off PPV undercards to create genuine market pressure for a fight.

Comment

• This is like the number 1 fight everyone keeps asking him to take and he keeps saying its a waste of time or hes not big enough. I don't get it. If most fans wants you to fight this guy then what does that tell you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zano-24 View Post
        This is like the number 1 fight everyone keeps asking him to take and he keeps saying its a waste of time or hes not big enough. I don't get it. If most fans wants you to fight this guy then what does that tell you?
        But everyone really isn't asking for it. It's hot in the vacuum of message boards. The people in the seats at Carson last night would be more likely to want to pay to see Mares if he beats Moreno.

If Mares beats Moreno, it's a no brainer on who the more qualified, proven opponent is too. Vice versa for Moreno.

Comment

• Originally posted by crold1 View Post
          That might turn out to be the case. Doesn't change that Rigo needs some guys with profile to build on and more fights off PPV undercards to create genuine market pressure for a fight.
          Do you think Donaire would make more fighting Rigo than any other opponent at 122-126. Do you think HBO would pay the most to Donaire and Top rank for that fight? is it PPV worthy? Would Doniare make more money fighting Rigo or Arce?

Comment

• Originally posted by crold1 View Post
            But everyone really isn't asking for it. It's hot in the vacuum of message boards. The people in the seats at Carson last night would be more likely to want to pay to see Mares if he beats Moreno.

If Mares beats Moreno, it's a no brainer on who the more qualified, proven opponent is too. Vice versa for Moreno.
            man its all location. would the people of miami rather see him fight Rigo or Mares. id bet the people who come to vegas to watch fights would rather see him fight rigo than mares. I would pay PPV money to see him fight Rigo straight up.

Comment

Do you think Donaire would make more fighting Rigo than any other opponent at 122-126. Do you think HBO would pay the most to Donaire and Top rank for that fight? is it PPV worthy? Would Doniare make more money fighting Rigo or Arce?
              NO.

I think he'd make standard HBO money (about what he made last night). It's not remotely PPV worthy (that would tank). Arce and Mares would make more money because they'd sell at the gate and not just need HBO subsidies. I left Arce out when I mentioned Mares earlier. He is actually the biggest money fight Donaire could make in the class (he's been the biggest money for everyone below Feather for years which is why everyone wants to fight him), even if that is what I want to see least.

Comment

man its all location. would the people of miami rather see him fight Rigo or Mares. id bet the people who come to vegas to watch fights would rather see him fight rigo than mares. I would pay PPV money to see him fight Rigo straight up.
                Where were all these Miami fans for Casamayor? None of the Cubans has become a mega draw yet even in Miami.

You'd be one of about less than 100K who would pay for that fight on TV right now.

You're kidding yourself if you think Rigo draws anywhere yet. Doesn't mean this couldn't become a big fight. The whisper campaign gains steam every time Donaire gives an interview last night. That's a good thing. But it ain't that big yet.
                Last edited by crold1; 10-14-2012, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• It's annoying how much hate Nonito gets here, when he's fought the best and has one of the best resumes in boxing right now.

Say what you will about Mathebula and Vazquez Jr. but they are better than any opponent Rigo has ever faced, not to mention Montiel, Darchinyan and Nishioka.

Comment

• I'm loving the growing interest in a Donaire-Rigondeaux fight. Personally, I'd like to see Rigo get a couple of more fights in; but the building clamor is good. I just hope Nonito doesn't steal off into 126, like a thief in the night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Main Source View Post
                      Impressive to whom?

Rigo isn't known and IF Donaire gets beat by a "nobody" then where would Donaire's career be heading?
                      Because Donaire has fans in droves... Stop that. Nobody outside of boxing knows what a nonito is. Have fun watching the mega event with Arce.

Comment

Working...
                      X