Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Benavidez the new Tommy hearns?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Either Top Rank has done a crappy job with Benavidez or he's just too distracted outside the boxing world.

I haven't seen much improvement in the last few years and he hasn't been fighting world beaters. Let's see how long boxing fans hold it against him getting rocked, Canelo is still a bum in people's eyes from what happened over 2 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
      At first i thought you meant bcse of his chin questions but after reading it i see)

His jab is that good but in no way is his right healthy or not anywhere near Hearns

yep. but nobody got that power except maybe for julian jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
        I say lets see him progress, and see if that jab is as effective against world class opposition.

But it is great weapon for him, no doubt.
        playing it safe i see. i tell you that jab is a quartey jab in the making.

Comment

I've been saying the same thing too.

Comment

no. he's really good. but he's not as good as tommy was.

tommy was a stick of dynamite.

Comment

Originally posted by Ggurts si kab View Post
              playing it safe i see. i tell you that jab is a quartey jab in the making.
              Leave me alone......

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
                Either Top Rank has done a crappy job with Benavidez or he's just too distracted outside the boxing world.

I haven't seen much improvement in the last few years and he hasn't been fighting world beaters. Let's see how long boxing fans hold it against him getting rocked, Canelo is still a bum in people's eyes from what happened over 2 years ago.
                i remember saul canelo being rock by jose cotto as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                  Leave me alone......
                  who has a better jab in 140? cotto or benavidez? i say benevidez thats coming from a big cotto fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Ggurts si kab View Post
                    true that.
                    But benitez was a world champion by then, so was vargas and pacquiao i think.
                    So were a lot of fighters. Doesn't mean much though. Benitez was shot by 25, Vargas was on roids and his back was ****ed by 25 too. PAC is fine. Age doesn't matter as it changes too much from one fighter to another but you don't want to be taking huge amounts of punishment at a young age.

Comment

I don't know, but I think the kid will get exposed even before people start with the "he needs to step up" phase. Am I wrong for saying that? Good jab and overall fundamentals, but I just don't see him getting to the big stage for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                      X