Donaire: "Rigo priced himself out" [VIDEO]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Donaire didn't fight Montiel at 122.

And no it's not incorrect. Montiel is by far more proven than Rigondeaux, that's a fact.

And for who's better? I'll wait until Rigondeaux does something in his career before I start saying he's better than proven, legitimate champions like Montiel.
    I know they didn't fight at '22, my whole basis for asking that question in the first place was because Montiel may have made 300k for fighting Donaire, but he's not better or even as good as Rigo is, then or now. That's the only reason I asked it.

You don't think so and that's cool.

Comment

And no it's not incorrect. Montiel is by far more proven than Rigondeaux, that's a fact.
      And at '22, it's still not correct.

Comment

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
        I know they didn't fight at '22, my whole basis for asking that question in the first place was because Montiel may have made 300k for fighting Donaire, but he's not better or even as good as Rigo is, then or now. That's the only reason I asked it.

You don't think so and that's cool.
        He was the #1 at 118 and again, by far the more proven fighter.

Perhaps that's why.

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
          he was winning the fight before the stoppage which imo was too early....he was somehow competitive in the later rounds vs nonito
          not hyping vasquez up , im just saying why he is a credible opponet for rigo..
          Another thing, you giving Vazquez credit for "winning" a fight before getting stopped but you **** on Ramos for winning by KO and winning his belt by claiming he's "lucky"? Im done here.

Comment

And at '22, it's still not correct.
            And?

He's still the more proven fighter overall.

Why does it matter that at 122 he hasn't done much?

Comment

Right, which is why Mathebula isn't anything to brag about. Both he and Ramos were champs, one got starched by Rigo and the other was pummeled by Donaire over 12. Neither win is that impressive considering both Ramos and Mathebula didn't have a ton to boast about, but because you're infatuated with Donaire, it means something whereas Rigo's is credible but in the same sentence you say Ramos isn't good.

Montiel at '18 100x better than Rigo.... the lengths.
              lol, i said ramos was credible , it's you who disagreed..and yes montiel>>>>>>riog , thats not even a debate

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
              Uh no thanks. You and the rest of Donaire fans will come out saying he got KTFO by Arce and schooled by Donaire nice try. You also said he was more credible than Cordoba and he's not.
              lol , not if rigo beats him like no other...

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                Another thing, you giving Vazquez credit for "winning" a fight before getting stopped but you **** on Ramos for winning by KO and winning his belt by claiming he's "lucky"? Im done here.
                i said ramos was credible , it was your boy davis who said he was not...

Comment

I don't rate Ramos but he's solid. I'd like to see him fight Carl Frampton maybe.

Mathebula on the other hand is absolutely credible. People act like he's some scrub, he's really not. He's a good fighter.

I'd like to see Rigondeaux fight him actually.

Comment

And?

He's still the more proven fighter overall.

Why does it matter that at 122 he hasn't done much?
                    I don't know, maybe you didn't read the original post I was responding too when I asked dances if he thought Montiel is better than Rigo. I asked that because money was the topic in his post.

You looked at my response and chimed in on that question, without knowing the background. With that being said, Rigo's only fought at '22, you know this. Montiel's last five have been at '22... you already know this Dan. Let's not act like Montiel is more proven than Rigo at '22, that's just plain wrong.

As far as who's better overall, your opinion is that Montiel is, and that's great. I beg to differ and I believe if those two fought each other tomorrow (in their best shape, of course), Rigo would blow him out of the water.

Comment

You said Ramos is credible, but he's not that good. I actually don't think Ramos is that credible... he wasn't even winning the fight he won the belt in, it took a lucky shot.

But you see how you made Mathebula out to be a great win for Donaire and Ramos a shoddy one for Rigo?

Comment

Working...
                      X