Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Andre Ward's headbutting and holding tactics be permitted?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    ortiz started doing that but then he turned into a pansy and started apologizing. when people fight dirty vs hopkins he just jumps out of the ring or collapses in a heap.

that is awesome

curiously, we were wondering in the lounge, are you like this in real life, or are you some sort of trolling persona?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

that is awesome

curiously, we were wondering in the lounge, are you like this in real life, or are you some sort of trolling persona?
      probably both. I do call people bums in real life and tell them they ducked so and so but they always pretend like they don't know what i'm talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        Is the headbutting intentional - I tend to think "no." Is the headbutting reckless - I would say "yes."

I don't mind Ward; he's very solid fundamentally - on offense and defense. His fighting style doesn't always entertain but he wins his fights. Also, he made it a point to press for the knockout against Dawson and to be entertaining so I respect that.

The only thing that irks me about Ward is, is that he always has to have the homefield advantage. It was selfish and self serving for him to have all his super 6 fights in CA while everyone else had to travel. Why should he have received special treatment?
        Because it wouldn't have mattered where they fought, Ward still would have won- is a popular excuse you hear.

Ok, so if it wouldn't have mattered, he should have traveled like everyone else.

Comment

Ward did win the Super Six in Atlantic City, which is in no way his hometown, or similar at all.

Comment

i don't deny ward but i'm not big on him. nothing spectacular or unique about him, just a skilled fighter all around and an ugly fighter to watch. plain as white bread personality as well.

Comment

To be fair the most recent fights of his has not had the same amount of fouling that was so evident in the Kessler fight where it was so obvious a tactic.

Hopefully he will return Kessler's courtesy, and defend his title in Denmark, but I frankly cannot see Ward leaving his country any time soon.

Comment

Of course the rules should be enforced for Ward, the same as any other boxer. No more, no less.

Comment

lol like ive said in other threads, seems like daily there is a thread against Ward

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    Should Wladimir Klitschko's tactic of leaning on his opponents be permitted?
                    oh!!

OH!!!!!!!!

OHHHHH

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                      Son of God?

Or would "Son of Goat" be a more fitting nickname for a boxer who relies on headbutting and other illegal tactics?

Its true though, Ward's excessive hitting while holding is pretty bad.
                      Last edited by subhuman; 10-13-2012, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X