Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Andre Ward's headbutting and holding tactics be permitted?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    The jury should completely disregard this post. The guy is obviously bias.

the guy also very obviously forgot more about boxing in the last five years than 98% of NSB knows.
    that's actually not saying much ,

Comment

it's a cheap style not pleasing on the eye.. it is a form of cheating

Comment

Originally posted by Jordank View Post
        The champ fights where he wants.
        You would think so.

But the Son of Goat's belt was gained from a world titleholder who fought in Ward's home town/country, not in his own.

That's why the ref allowed all the deliberate illegal headbutts.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
          I agree that Wlad's style is not pleasing to the eye. But he is simply using every tactic that he can to his advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            Ward is a fantastic boxer, very skilled and I believe to be the best pound4pound in the game right now.

He's going to have a lot of trouble finding fights.
            No he's not (outstanding resume though). Floyd isn't either.....I hate this whack ass era of boxing......'elite' fighters doing more holding, elbowing and headbutting than boxing....scared to leave their hometown to fight.....scared to move up in weight.

Casual fans can't tell the difference between this and WWE....

With that said, someone needs to fight fire WITH fire on these clowns....elbow the crap outta Floyd on the low......hold/hit/elbow Ward in the clenches....see how they react (cry to the ref?)

Comment

Ward >>>>>>>> Klits......

Comment

Is the headbutting intentional - I tend to think "no." Is the headbutting reckless - I would say "yes."

I don't mind Ward; he's very solid fundamentally - on offense and defense. His fighting style doesn't always entertain but he wins his fights. Also, he made it a point to press for the knockout against Dawson and to be entertaining so I respect that.

The only thing that irks me about Ward is, is that he always has to have the homefield advantage. It was selfish and self serving for him to have all his super 6 fights in CA while everyone else had to travel. Why should he have received special treatment?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                  You would think so.

But the Son of Goat's belt was gained from a world titleholder who fought in Ward's home town/country, not in his own.

That's why the ref allowed all the deliberate illegal headbutts.
                  Quit crying man! Have a bottle little baby. Ward can fight them in their own country and he would still whoop on them just as easy. Get over it. The Lloyd are just as dirty but I don't hear your nutt hugging arse crying about it.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                    So was Joe Calzaghes inside the fist punching.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
                      No he's not (outstanding resume though). Floyd isn't either.....I hate this whack ass era of boxing......'elite' fighters doing more holding, elbowing and headbutting than boxing....scared to leave their hometown to fight.....scared to move up in weight.

Casual fans can't tell the difference between this and WWE....

With that said, someone needs to fight fire WITH fire on these clowns....elbow the crap outta Floyd on the low......hold/hit/elbow Ward in the clenches....see how they react (cry to the ref?)
                      ortiz started doing that but then he turned into a pansy and started apologizing. when people fight dirty vs hopkins he just jumps out of the ring or collapses in a heap.

Comment

Working...
                      X