Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50 cent, tommy summers, and their failed attempt to break up mayweather and al haymon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by subhuman View Post
    Source on bold?

And if Haymon is his manager then what does Ellerbe do? Why does he need him?
    floyd doesn't need ellerbe he just feels like paying him

Comment

Being knowledgeable is cool and all, but a knowledgeable person would know that Floyd has enough drawing power to not need Haymon or GBP promoting his fights. Floyd's a big boy, he can be his own man.
      But herein lies the problem. Haymon is not necessarily a promoter. And Floyd Mayweather does actually promote his own fights. He puts down a lot of money towards that for each fight, and partners with Golden Boy too, to help as well. And what Golden Boy receives is actually on the low side. So Floyd truly is his own boss.

Comment

I don't know about the dude who wrote the letter (which should have been typed) but I still think Floyd should have went into promoting with 50. He wouldn't have needed GBP to promote his fights and he could have left Haymon who probably takes a big portion of Floyd's fight money. Floyd, Ellerbe, and 50 Cent could have ran TMT Promotions and generated many new viewers. Oh well.
        why should 50 get money for what floyd has done and become?50 has nothing to do with boxing yet you feel he deserves to get paid for floyd bein the top fighter in the world something floyd has done and become without 50

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
          But herein lies the problem. Haymon is not necessarily a promoter. And Floyd Mayweather does actually promote his own fights. He puts down a lot of money towards that for each fight, and partners with Golden Boy too, to help as well. And what Golden Boy receives is actually on the low side. So Floyd truly is his own boss.
          He doesn't do it to "help", he does it because literally the rest of the card is a Golden Boy Promotions event.

Source on bold? I've heard that Floyd has to pay GBP a substantial amount.
          Originally posted by paulf View Post
          Al Haymon isn't an adviser, he's a manager and promoter. Its illegal to be both according to the Muhammed Ali act, so his fighters are signed with 'official' promoters, but Al Haymon runs the show.
          So Al Haymon does run the show, but that's the point I was trying to make. He doesn't need him or GBP. Floyd is his own brand now.

Comment

He doesn't do it to "help", he does it because literally the rest of the card is a Golden Boy Promotions event.

So Al Haymon does run the show, but that's the point I was trying to make. He doesn't need him or GBP. Floyd is his own brand now.
            Al Haymon doesn't run the show though.

There is another big article, I believe by the NY Times as well, that goes into some detail about how Floyd gets paid as his own boss and the risk involved. He takes quite a big risk, but that risk generates great rewards. And no, Golden Boy does not receive a substantial amount. I don't even know where you read that one.

And again, Al Haymon doesn't run the show. He's just a manager/advisor, looking to make his fighters generate the most money. So much money that even that NY Times article stated that it seems to come at a big expense to the promoters.

Comment

• "if it aint broke dont fix it"

All of floyd's success after leaving TR were done under Haymond. He left deals from Arum to fight cotto and Margarito for 8 million a piece to fight DLH and Hatton for 20 million a piece and hes made 20 million every fight since then. Obviously something is going right.

Mayweather Promotions, as a company, isnt a real giant promotion company. Anybody who makes millions a year sets up an LLC, its the normal protective measure. Im sure lots of movie stars and sports stars ect do it.

Even if Floyd wants to dump Haymon and work directly with HBO, he still cannot do it all on his own, he needs lawyers and accountants to handle it and make sure its all legit and he isnt getting ripped off. Those guys could be crooked too, so it comes down to whose advice do you trust and floyd uses haymond.

50 cent and this other guy are essentially saying we can replace Haymond and charge less than him. Well yeah you better charge less than him considering you have zero experience vs the guy who put together DLH, Hatton, Mosley and Cotto match ups.

50 cent really thinks someone wants to pay him for his inexperience and that he can some how contribute to the biggest fight ever in Mayweather-Pacquaio?

Why even pay him anything at all, why not just talk to HBO direct, what the hell can 50 cent even do?

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
                Al Haymon doesn't run the show though.

There is another big article, I believe by the NY Times as well, that goes into some detail about how Floyd gets paid as his own boss and the risk involved. He takes quite a big risk, but that risk generates great rewards. And no, Golden Boy does not receive a substantial amount. I don't even know where you read that one.

And again, Al Haymon doesn't run the show. He's just a manager/advisor, looking to make his fighters generate the most money. So much money that even that NY Times article stated that it seems to come at a big expense to the promoters.
                Have a source for that? And if Floyd is his own boss, why is he still paying Haymon and GBP?

Floyd says he wants his promotional company "Mayweather Promotions" to be big enough to where his children can take over when they're older, so they never have to box, but as far as I see since he's still using GBP his company isn't going anywhere.

Comment

Read the following, it goes into some detail about how Floyd Mayweather makes his money as HIS OWN BOSS. And how Golden Boy profits versus Mayweather himself.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/17/sp...ydmayweatherjr

You'll see certain statements like, "In this case, Golden Boy has one contract with HBO and another with Mayweather Promotions. But the money, less what distributors and networks take, is under Mayweather’s control; normally the promoter would control it."

And that's just the beginning of things.

Comment

Have a source for that? And if Floyd is his own boss, why is he still paying Haymon and GBP?

Floyd says he wants his promotional company "Mayweather Promotions" to be big enough to where his children can take over when they're older, so they never have to box, but as far as I see since he's still using GBP his company isn't going anywhere.
                    Puga, you don't have a clue wtf you're even talking about, lmao. You're still asking for articles for proof when everything you've read is right in front of you. Lame ass.

Comment

Being knowledgeable is cool and all, but a knowledgeable person would know that Floyd has enough drawing power to not need Haymon or GBP promoting his fights. Floyd's a big boy, he can be his own man.

Floyd may not yet have the full expertise to run a promotional business himself which is why he hires Goldenboy to handle the logistics of Mayweather Promotions.

Richard Schaefer whose co-owner of GoldenBoy promotions have a Masters degree and Al Haymon has a PHD while Floyd did`nt even finish high school.But i`m sure when Floyd feels he learned enough of the boxing business world he`ll let go of Goldenboy and handle his promotional company on his own.

Comment

Working...
                      X