Comments Thread For: Donaire: No Matter if Rigondeaux or Mares Are Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    Who is calling Donaire the #1 guy?

The reason why he hasn't scored a KO at 122 is because he fought guys who didn't wanna engage. Mathebula backpedaled the entire fight and Vazquez Jr stayed on the ouside and jabbed. And they STILL got dropped and hurt. It's funny that you call Donaire a one-handed fighter when 90% of Rigo's punches are left hands.
    You should go back and read from page one instead of skipping to the last page and hopping on my nuts. Rigo has better defense than Donaire and has the bodywork as well that Donaire doesn't. That's where I was getting to.

Comment

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
      I only disagree with this because Donaire was much bigger than those guys at '18. You think Rigo wouldn't have a field day with Donaire's comp at that division?
      He's done nothing so far in his career that suggest he would have a field day with Donaire's competition, no.

I'll wait until he steps up and proves it.

Comment

Not saying he is ducking because of who Donaire's promoter is but he is not fighting Mares, Moreno or Rigo next.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          You should go back and read from page one instead of skipping to the last page and hopping on my nuts. Rigo has better defense than Donaire and has the bodywork as well that Donaire doesn't. That's where I was getting to.
          I read the whole thread. You also talked about Donaire abandoning his jab, when Rigo doesn't even have a jab.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
            If u got that from my post nah 4C..... That's not what I was saying.... I just couldn't understand how the guy was trying to argue with me that if Donaire were to beat Nishi he would have Rigo and Moreno ahead of him still at 22..... Didn't make sense to me... Provided Donaire had the Nishi win in his pocket and Moreno hasn't even officially fought anyone relevant at the weight yet

I could have read it wrong but he never responded....
            So you're looking at this from a rankings perspective. If you honestly believe Nishi is the truth, then we agree to disagree. With that being said, I still think Moreno and Rigo beat Donaire. Should they officially be #1 in the division, no; but did we all consider Baldomir the #1 guy in the division when he beat Judah?

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
              Not saying he is ducking because of who Donaire's promoter is but he is not fighting Mares, Moreno or Rigo next.
              They said the same about Nishioka when it was rumored that Donaire would be fighting Arce then voila....

Comment

I only disagree with this because Donaire was much bigger than those guys at '18. You think Rigo wouldn't have a field day with Donaire's comp at that division?
                Taller or bigger??? Height doesn't equate skill.... Also boxing has weight divisions for a reason.....

Comment

They said the same about Nishioka when it was rumored that Donaire would be fighting Arce then voila....
                  So true. All those claims of ducking Nishioka, why were people so angry about that if they are just going to turn around and call Nishioka an old guy who's overrated?

Comment

So you're looking at this from a rankings perspective. If you honestly believe Nishi is the truth, then we agree to disagree. With that being said, I still think Moreno and Rigo beat Donaire. Should they officially be #1 in the division, no; but did we all consider Baldomir the #1 guy in the division when he beat Judah?
                    I believe Nishioka beats Rigo from what I've seen from both yes....

I've already stated Moreno has the best chance imo....

Are you trying to draw paralells between Baldomir and Donaire???

Comment

We shall see if I am proven wrong I would love it!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X