No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire: No Matter if Rigondeaux or Mares Are Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    But Vazquez Jr and Mathebula did??? That's all I'm saying. The only fights at 122 better for him are Nishioka and Mares/Moreno. So after those, he needs to fight Rigondeaux.
    Vazquez Jr perhaps not but Mathebula's not too far behind.

Mathebula's an underrated fighter. He had a reasonably close fight with Cabellero and made a good account of himself and was coming off a win against Ndlovu which is probably at least as good as anything Rigondeaux has done in his entire career.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
      Rigo whose resume at the weight is garbage and Moreno who has yet to fight at the weight is who u would have #1??? Am I interpreting that right???
      But Donaire's résumé is outstanding at '22 on top of fighting a slew of naturally smaller fighters, that certainly warrants him being the #1 guy at '22.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
        If u got that from my post nah 4C..... That's not what I was saying.... I just couldn't understand how the guy was trying to argue with me that if Donaire were to beat Nishi he would have Rigo and Moreno ahead of him still at 22..... Didn't make sense to me... Provided Donaire had the Nishi win in his pocket and Moreno hasn't even officially fought anyone relevant at the weight yet

I could have read it wrong but he never responded....
        The winner of Donaire-Nishioka is obviously momentarily going to be the #1 in the division.

That's not even debatable.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Vazquez Jr perhaps not but Mathebula's not too far behind.

Mathebula's an underrated fighter. He had a reasonably close fight with Cabellero and made a good account of himself and was coming off a win against Ndlovu which is probably at least as good as anything Rigondeaux has done in his entire career.
          Mathebula had two good fighters he did well against. Rigo beat two guys in the Top 10 too. I'm just saying the notion of Rigo not deserving it is bull. He should fight him before leaving 122.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
            The more Donaire fights at 122 the more average him and his power looks. How can anyone call him the #1 guy? A guy who knows nothing but one punch. The dude abandons his jab cause he's too busy loading up his left. Take that left away and you have a C level fighter. If Donaire can't get the KO he doesn't know wtf to do. We saw that vs Mathebula.
            Great post. It's blatantly obvious how amazing he really is. He walked through everyones punches at '18. Vasquez Jr. painted him in his first fight at '22. He can't just walk through punches in that division and his abilities based solely on athleticism, not textbook ability.

Comment

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
              You mean after he beats the same 36 year-old Toshiaki Nishioka that's only fought outside Japan three times against a drained Gonzalez and a worn Rafa Marquez, Rafa. Not the legend Juan Manual, but Rafa.

Right, we all will be impressed with Donaire.
              Marquez >>>> anybody Rigo beat. And Rigo is 31 yrs old, not exactly a spring chicken.

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
              The more Donaire fights at 122 the more average him and his power looks. How can anyone call him the #1 guy? A guy who knows nothing but one punch. The dude abandons his jab cause he's too busy loading up his left. Take that left away and you have a C level fighter. If Donaire can't get the KO he doesn't know wtf to do. We saw that vs Mathebula.
              Who is calling Donaire the #1 guy?

The reason why he hasn't scored a KO at 122 is because he fought guys who didn't wanna engage. Mathebula backpedaled the entire fight and Vazquez Jr stayed on the ouside and jabbed. And they STILL got dropped and hurt. It's funny that you call Donaire a one-handed fighter when 90% of Rigo's punches are left hands.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                And if he fights that way against Nishioka then he will lose, and the argument will no longer exist. Most people aren't saying he's #1 right now, but he would be if he beats Nishioka.
                Why, though? Are we doing the rankings thing, or do we actually believe Nishi is the best in the division?

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  Mathebula had two good fighters he did well against. Rigo beat two guys in the Top 10 too. I'm just saying the notion of Rigo not deserving it is bull. He should fight him before leaving 122.
                  And I'm just saying he has undeserved hype. Absolutely no way should he be #2 at the weight based on what he's done.

Donaire should fight him if he beats Nishioka and the Mares-Moreno winner but people are acting like he should fight Rigondeaux over these fighters who are absolutely more proven than he is.

To be honest with you, I'd rather Donaire fight Agbeko if he were to get a solid win at 122 over Rigondeaux.

Comment

And I'm just saying he has undeserved hype. Absolutely no way should he be #2 at the weight based on what he's done.

Donaire should fight him if he beats Donaire and the Mares-Moreno winner but people are acting like he should fight Rigondeaux over these fighters who are absolutely more proven than he is.

To be honest with you, I'd rather Donaire fight Agbeko if he were to get a solid win at 122 over Rigondeaux.
                    Well I'd like to see Rigo get a shot at Agbeko or even Darchinyan next.

I'm not saying he should fight Rigondeaux over Nishiok or Mares/Moreno, or saying Rigo deserves to be #2 in the division. He deserves to be more in the middle around 4-6 I think. But after Donaire fights Nishioka and Mares/Moreno, he needs to fight Rigondeaux before leaving 122.

Comment

Donaire's 122 run is as good if not better than Rigondeaux's and that's without all his other impresive body of work.
                      I only disagree with this because Donaire was much bigger than those guys at '18. You think Rigo wouldn't have a field day with Donaire's comp at that division?

Comment

Working...
                      X