No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire: No Matter if Rigondeaux or Mares Are Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    Work lol. Plus I've been killing myself to stay away from these type of threads. They get too repetitive. Its always the same people debating and same arguments. Plus kiaba and dan_cov are taking over for me as the Rigo protectors. They go hard when Rigo's name is brought up.

Cordoba and Ramos were both top 10 as well if I'm not mistaken and Rigo fought them with less than 10 fights. Casey was undefeated and Rigo traveled to KO him.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    Yeah I know what u mean.... Your boys time will come though.... I like CubanGuy just want him to be ready.... There is a big difference in the left hooks of Marroquin and Donaire as well as the comp between Donaire and Rigo.... But I for some reason have a feeling he will get his time in the spotlight.... What he does when he gets there is where we differ in opinion.... Always in good fun though (the banter) from me anyways

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Regardless of whatever they think happens in a Donaire-Rigo fight, Donaire and his fans clearly don't want the risk of fighting Rigondeaux. I'd favor Donaire slightly though.

Another interesting thing is that Rigo's 122 resume is "garbage", with wins over Cordoba and Ramos (both Top 10 at the time), but somehow Donaire's current resume of Vazquez Jr and Mathebula is amazing. He hasn't beaten Nishioka yet people....
      I see you and CubanGuy are coming around.....

Comment

Regardless of whatever they think happens in a Donaire-Rigo fight, Donaire and his fans clearly don't want the risk of fighting Rigondeaux. I'd favor Donaire slightly though.

Another interesting thing is that Rigo's 122 resume is "garbage", with wins over Cordoba and Ramos (both Top 10 at the time), but somehow Donaire's current resume of Vazquez Jr and Mathebula is amazing. He hasn't beaten Nishioka yet people....
        The difference is Donaire's resume doesn't only consist of his 122 run.

Donaire's 122 run is as good if not better than Rigondeaux's and that's without all his other impresive body of work.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
          I see you and CubanGuy are coming around.....
          I still think Donaire leaves himself open to left hands from Rigondeaux way too often, but as much as I love Rigondeaux and think he could time Donaire easily and catch him, he does NOT seem to like getting hit. That's a very big concern against Donaire. He knows how to hold and get through it, but I think Donaire wins a very close decision, winning his rounds convincingly, but losing 4-5 rounds to Rigo when he gets out boxed.

I'm not going to blame Donaire for fighting the Mares/Moreno winner, because that's who he should fight in the Spring. But the summer after that, say he beats Nishioka and Mares/Moreno, and say Rigo gets a couple decent wins, he needs to fight Rigondeaux before leaving 122.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223
            Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

Work lol. Plus I've been killing myself to stay away from these type of threads. They get too repetitive. Its always the same people debating and same arguments. Plus kiaba and dan_cov are taking over for me as the Rigo protectors. They go hard when Rigo's name is brought up.

Cordoba and Ramos were both top 10 as well if I'm not mistaken and Rigo fought them with less than 10 fights. Casey was undefeated and Rigo traveled to KO him.

Yeah I know what u mean.... Your boys time will come though.... I like CubanGuy just want him to be ready.... There is a big difference in the left hooks of Marroquin and Donaire as well as the comp between Donaire and Rigo.... But I for some reason have a feeling he will get his time in the spotlight.... What he does when he gets there is where we differ in opinion.... Always in good fun though (the banter) from me anyways
            Lol I get the feeling CubanGuy is growing tired of these topics as well. But dan tho, he's hardcore about these things. One that you could expect for sure is garfios tho.

To be truthful tho, Ive somewhat given up on Rigo and Gamboa. No need to be getting my hopes up about a guy whos 31 years old and only has 12 fights. And no need to get my hopes up for a 31 year old whos been out of the ring for 12+ months. Ill still support them no doubt but Im just getting in the state of mind that theres not much of a future for these guys. Lara however got a little longer career than these guys ahead of him. So Im more hyped about him than those two.

Only thing I could hope for is that one day we could turn pro or get another wave of defectors like these 3 but younger.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              The difference is Donaire's resume doesn't only consist of his 122 run.

Donaire's 122 run is as good if not better than Rigondeaux's and that's without all his other impresive body of work.
              I know that, of course. It just seemed like people were saying Rigo's 122 resume doesn't deserve a Donaire fight at 122.

Comment

I know that, of course. It just seemed like people were saying Rigo's 122 resume doesn't deserve a Donaire fight at 122.
                His resume in general doesn't deserve a Donaire fight.

I'd like to see the fight because of the hype around it but Rigondeaux has not proven he's on Donaire's level at this point.

Comment

I still think Donaire leaves himself open to left hands from Rigondeaux way too often, but as much as I love Rigondeaux and think he could time Donaire easily and catch him, he does NOT seem to like getting hit. That's a very big concern against Donaire. He knows how to hold and get through it, but I think Donaire wins a very close decision, winning his rounds convincingly, but losing 4-5 rounds to Rigo when he gets out boxed.

I'm not going to blame Donaire for fighting the Mares/Moreno winner, because that's who he should fight in the Spring. But the summer after that, say he beats Nishioka and Mares/Moreno, and say Rigo gets a couple decent wins, he needs to fight Rigondeaux before leaving 122.
                  We agree....

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    His resume in general doesn't deserve a Donaire fight.

I'd like to see the fight because of the hype around it but Rigondeaux has not proven he's on Donaire's level at this point.
                    But Vazquez Jr and Mathebula did??? That's all I'm saying. The only fights at 122 better for him are Nishioka and Mares/Moreno. So after those, he needs to fight Rigondeaux.

Comment

If u got that from my post nah 4C..... That's not what I was saying.... I just couldn't understand how the guy was trying to argue with me that if Donaire were to beat Nishi he would have Rigo and Moreno ahead of him still at 22..... Didn't make sense to me... Provided Donaire had the Nishi win in his pocket and Moreno hasn't even officially fought anyone relevant at the weight yet

I could have read it wrong but he never responded....

Comment

Working...
                      X