Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canello and Jr...done proving them selves??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chavez Jr. knocked down the middleweight champion of the world. Canelo beat up a recent JWW. Chavez Jr. is the more proven fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
      Chavez took the legitamacy test and failed, Canelo has yet to take the test.
      That would make Martinez what, a gate keeper? By this logic, all those that have lost to Martinez have only proven they are illegitimate opponents thus making Martinez's resume look quite ****ty.

He lost to the best at 160. Rubio and Lee were 'legitimacy tests' imo (Zbik was a solid step up as well).

Comment

Both have a lot to prove, they are both fun to watch, but both got paper titles (from the WBC of coarse). Chavez should fight Pavlik, GGG or Froch, to prove himself. Canelo needs to fight a legit 154 fighter (Floyd is legit, but not a 154 fighter), Canelo is a joke avoiding many fighters, for smaller fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyabolic View Post
          I never said he won the round but he sure as hell wasn't on queer street either.
          He clearly was. I'm one of the biggest serg fans around he was hurt bad. Not that it means much. He survived and won.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
            He clearly was. I'm one of the biggest serg fans around he was hurt bad. Not that it means much. He survived and won.
            I guess I got the wrong definition of queer street then. No doubt he was hurt.

To me queer street = Khan vs Maidana when Khan got clocked.

I don't think Martinez was doing a Khan.

Comment

Ducky + Jr = ATG's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKGonHvZ5uI

Comment

Originally posted by Jab-N-Grab
                Canelo is a joke and the definition of a hypejob getting milked because of the way he looks. end of story.

44 fights and STILL avoiding the best in his division and coming off of a win over a jr welterweight. dude wants Cotto even if Cotto loses to trout. he's everything that is wrong with boxing.
                canelo has fought abover avarage compititon (excuse the bad spelling) cintron/baldo/mosley were alright fights

he was supposed to fight paul willams/kirkland/ortiz its not his fault those fights didt fall through

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                  canelo certainly has more to prove, chavez doesn't, cause I don't think anyone took him seriously anyway. he is a name and that's that, canelo can actually be something if he steps up, which will undoubtedly happen. chavez was only riding on his fathers name and his unbeaten record, now that that's done, chavez is just exactly what everyone thought he was, so...
                  Chavez is ****ed when he cant make 160 anymore. his team knows it too which is why they are resorting to drastic measures to cut 20 pounds. Hes fought his entire career with a weight advantage over his opponents. When he has to go to 168 he is ****ed because the talent is too deep there and theyre all bigger and faster than him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyabolic View Post
                    I guess I got the wrong definition of queer street then. No doubt he was hurt.

To me queer street = Khan vs Maidana when Khan got clocked.

I don't think Martinez was doing a Khan.
                    He was hurt but not that bad. People saying he "was almost knocked out" are exaggerating it. Chavez had him hurt but couldnt finish him off. Queer street is when you are about to go down from the next jab that lands.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab-N-Grab
                      Canelo is a joke and the definition of a hypejob getting milked because of the way he looks. end of story.

44 fights and STILL avoiding the best in his division and coming off of a win over a jr welterweight. dude wants Cotto even if Cotto loses to trout. he's everything that is wrong with boxing.
                      who would you like to see him fight in his next three fights ????? (assuming he wins one after the other)

Comment

Working...
                      X