Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darchinyan vs Rigondeaux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vic has an unfinished bussiness with mares also ..

Comment

Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
      For all of vic's experience he is still an undisciplined fighter. People often think of unorthodox as a positive but he is unorthodox and undisciplined. He would lose early rounds by not being able to get off consistently and get desperate with bombs, which would be the death of him. Would be a good step up for rigo though and a chance for vic to take down a young bull for relevance. Good fight for both, bad result for one. Make it happen
      I thought he was pretty disciplined tonight. There are fights where he gets off plan for sure. Yamanake was one; he was doing well and then got off track. Mijares and Arce were nights where was zoned in. he knows what he's doing more than he gets credit for.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
        I thought he was pretty disciplined tonight. There are fights where he gets off plan for sure. Yamanake was one; he was doing well and then got off track. Mijares and Arce were nights where was zoned in. he knows what he's doing more than he gets credit for.
        It's easy to be consistent when your scoring. Every fighter goes in with a game plan and the true test of a fighter is when that plan may not be going as you'd like. I've seen several instances where vic gets trigger happy with that left and it gets wider and wider. Not negating the fact that he is a champion and class fighter, but at heart he is a puncher. An undisciplined one at that.

Comment

Like Roger Mayweather would say if you think a wildman like Vic would have any chance against a skilled
          Pro like rigo then "You dont know **** about boxing!" - Skills pays the bills!

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
            vic has an unfinished bussiness with mares also ..
            Yes, but Mares has his hands full vs Moreno in November. All the while TR is looking for an interesting opponent for Rigondeux in December if the Bradley fight does materilize at Marlins Stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
              He's fighting bigger guys, some of them with wicked beards. he ran through Perez who had a pretty good chin. I don't expect many KO's at 22 for sure. His punch resistance is not what it was, but Rigo is so precise and low volume that it makes the fight interesting. Darch would be a great gauge of where Rigo is while giving him a chance to really reach for one in his older age.
              I dont disagree completely but Rigo would turn him and get in his blind spots consistantly and bury him with body shots. Not to mention when Vic poses and would get timed off his jab. He's freakishly vulnerable to a counter hook too. I honestly dont think Vic sees the 8th. Nightmare of a matchup especially with how amazing Rigo's timing is with not just his punches but his movement. He's so subtle and wastes so little.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                I dont disagree completely but Rigo would turn him and get in his blind spots consistantly and bury him with body shots. Not to mention when Vic poses and would get timed off his jab. He's freakishly vulnerable to a counter hook too. I honestly dont think Vic sees the 8th. Nightmare of a matchup especially with how amazing Rigo's timing is with not just his punches but his movement. He's so subtle and wastes so little.
                A lot of that is why I'd favor Rigo but at some point his comp has to go up in name value and he's not going to get to jump straight to a Donaire without a name vet who at least COULD test him. He has some posing problems too. Vic can take that away and actually make him look fantastic. Or some of the chin questions he's shown could be exposed. he needs someone to test where he really is. I like the fight for that reason.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingreporter
                  Like Roger Mayweather would say if you think a wildman like Vic would have any chance against a skilled
                  Pro like rigo then "You dont know **** about boxing!" - Skills pays the bills!
                  Roger dont know ***** about boxing!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
                    Yes, but Mares has his hands full vs Moreno in November. All the while TR is looking for an interesting opponent for Rigondeux in December if the Bradley fight does materilize at Marlins Stadium.
                    yeah i know ,..but even if mares losses to moreno ( which i expect) , vic still has good fights waiting for him that's very winnable...

hope this happens too to find out if this "would , coulda shoulda " legacy of rigo is really gonna get somewhere

im not a rigo hater but i am a rigo doubter

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
                      i'd love to see it.....rigo is going to get hit hell of a lot more than usual and i doubt he survives it all...the raging bull still has it...
                      If he loses to vic he might as well retire. Itll be a mayor upset! Dont know if you noticed yet but the raging bull doesnt have enough power at this weight class to make a difference and i certainly dont see him outboxing a defensive genius to win on the cards.

Comment

Working...
                      X