Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez: Mayweather is The Best, But I Beat Him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    Back to the good ole "well if Floyd beats him, he won't get any credit. So we'll go ahead & fight ginger instead".
    It's a valid point, and I never said anything about me not wanting the fight to happen. Read the last part of my post where I showed my excitement for the fight.

You really need to take Canelo's red pubes out of your teeth bro, you're developing some sick feverish obsession with him.

Comment

Fact; Sergio will fight anybody, and he'll do it anytime, and he'll do it on their terms.

Be it Pacquiao, Mayweather, Ginger, Cotto, Chavez or anyone else, Sergio doesn't give a ****. He justs wants to fight someone good, or even better, someone great. Too bad none of them want the same.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        Fact; Sergio will fight anybody, and he'll do it anytime, and he'll do it on their terms.

Be it Pacquiao, Mayweather, Ginger, Cotto, Chavez or anyone else, Sergio doesn't give a ****. He justs wants to fight someone good, or even better, someone great. Too bad none of them want the same.
        I'm a huge Martinez fan, but let's not act like he isn't after what every other boxer is after; huge money fights. They are prizefighters after all.

Comment

Lets not get carried away. The Ward fight is more makeable than 4 of the 5 above. What's stopping him?

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
            This is all starting to sound like Paul Williams all over again...Floyd will ahh and ohhh and then say "He's not big enough a star"..go on a hiatus..find someone who makes some waves with a performance but isn't a threat and fight them instead..Floyd was shook about fighting Paul Williams..even to this day you can't get Floyd to say two words about Paul..if Paul went night night at the hands of Sergio and Floyd wouldn't fight paul..well you know it ain't happening. Even if sergio offered 99% of all revenues Mayweather isn't taking that fight. I understand the "PED" excuse for not fighting Pacquaio but Sergio's been calling out Floyd for years..In that time Floyd fought Mosley,Ortiz, and Cotto..all guys lower down the p4p rankings at that time and since then than martinez has and is currently. Hate it or love it..Sergio is a very very legit threat to that zero on floyd's record.
            put your helmet on before you hurt yourself son

Comment

I relent. I wouldn't mind seeing a possible match up between Martinez/Mayweather, granted if it was sanctioned at the 147 lbs limit. At 154, Floyd is not the same fighter as he is at the welterweight division; Especially if Sergio can make that 154 lbs limit in healthy manner because Money would be at a huge disadvantage if he was. The reason being is that his punches just doesn't appear to carry the same amount of snap or pop on them at the higher weight classes as they do at the lower weight classes, where his opponents are a lot heavier and stronger than him. Moreover, 154 lbs is closer to Mayweather natural walking around weight between fights. However, I am not one of Floyd's handlers such as his advisor/manager/promoter etc. Additionally, I don't think Mayweather has no interest in fighting him anyway. Besides, why should he throw Sergio a lifeline anyway because he has very little to prove if he defeats him, since his resume at this moment is so thin and it leaves a lot to be desired; With much of it comprising of mostly overachieving fighters? Right now he's only choosing and picking on opponents with which he enjoys a clearly physical or skill advantage over. In my opinion that is not a mark of a legend who cares about his legacy. He should clean up the 160 lbs division first. There are opponents he could challenge in his own division like Geale, Golovkin, Pirog or even Quillin (Kid Choclate).

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                It's a valid point, and I never said anything about me not wanting the fight to happen. Read the last part of my post where I showed my excitement for the fight.

You really need to take Canelo's red pubes out of your teeth bro, you're developing some sick feverish obsession with him.
                Funny considering I have no love for the overrated red head.

The no credit excuse is absolutely not valid. There is no boxing fan that can discredit a Floyd W over Martinez if it were to happen. A fools cause. Martinez is the single most greatest treat to Floyd right now.

BTW I keep it adult when I talk. You should try it.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  I'm a huge Martinez fan, but let's not act like he isn't after what every other boxer is after; huge money fights. They are prizefighters after all.
                  Of course he is, but that changes nothing.

He still wants the fights, will take the fights and will do it on the opponents terms. The big money fights in this case also happen to be the best fights that people want to see, unfortunetly Sergio is the only person currently with the stones to try and make them happen.

Comment

This is a lie.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      Lets not get carried away. The Ward fight is more makeable than 4 of the 5 above. What's stopping him?
                      No, it really isn't.

Sergio will go down to 154; 3 of those fighters mentioned fight at 154. I will admit that I think Sergio is a bit too big for Floyd who cant fully make 154, but Cotto and Canelo both cut to 154 and in turn nothing stands in the way. The Chavez rematch would be extremely easy to make also.

Comment

Working...
                      X