Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martinez calls out Mayweather "I Will Crack Your Bones Like I Did To Chavez Jr"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man...people on this site are hilarious. Let's just overlook facts and make nonsense a truth. Floyd is a champion at 154. Sergio has been a champion at 154 as well and is the lineal man to beat at 160. Sergio just beat a man who was a LHW the night of the fight most likely and you want to knock him for challenging a champion in a weight class he's fought at before?! Wtf?! Floyd has also fought smaller men, champions. A Ricky hatton who was a jr welter coming up to 147 to fight Floyd and whatever weight class JMM was when he agreed to challenge and fight Floyd. It happens all the time and it should. It's what elite fighters do

Comment

why are people all getting sensitive about him calling out floyd? sergio is really a 154 lb fighter and floyd is the current WBA (SUPER CHAMPION) Light middeweight champion. Dont people want floyd to fight great opposition?

Comment

I want to see this fight but only at 154 which again, sucks for floyd but whatever. Reason it sucks because floyd wins people throw out weight drain, and everyone knows there is NO way floyd gets up to 160. He doesn't even fight at 154. That being said, I do think Sergio might lose a step and it could cost him, or floyd might get caught and hurt... either way I look forward to it if it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Sergio started at welterweight, he hasn't been at middleweight that long and only went up to get big fights.

Floyd is at 154, if Sergio can make the weight then why not? If anything its probably more a risk to him having to cut the damn weight.

Who else is Floyd gonna fight? Hell I'd even argue that should he fight Canelo, Canelo is every bit as big as Sergio!

Why would it be a risk for Sergio to cut the weight to get to 154, if he onyl went up to MW for big fights, and hasn't been there that long?

I personally think it would be hard for him to cut the weight, though, becuase he has grown into a muscular, full-blown MW.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
            I disagree mate! I think it's clear GGG is a unique talent, with incredible power. Also think Proksa is just as good as, if not better than Macklin, Lee, and Barker.

It's hard for him to get fights with the champions, because nobody wants to come close to sharing a boxing ring with him.

Martinez still has not came close to cleaning out 160. Pirog, Golovkin, and now Gaele.

Realistically, Floyd is not going to fight Martinez, and I don't think anybody can say Floyd is ducking him (for once, I'm sticking up for Floyd). I guarantee HBO would be ALL OVER Golovkin/Martinez. I bet if he can't get Floyd, which he wont, he'll try to fight Canelo.

Sergio wants no part of GGG. NONE.

Pirog whose only signature win is over a prospect with spinal cancer whose now injured, has no fanbase and no title?

Tbf you'd have a better argument IMO if you said the Quillin vs N'jikam winner.
            You think Sergio wouldn't fight Geale in a heartbeat?
            Geale has 2 straps, a fanbase and is the weakest champion there is IMO - Easy K.O win for Sergio.

Golovkin brings nothing to the table and is unproven. Realistically what respect would you give Sergio should he fight & beat him?
            ''Oh he had power and was a good amateur''
            You are Sergio Martinez - You gonna fight Golovkin for pennies or would you rather say Geale who brings 2 titles into it and much more money?

Comment

Floyd fought Oscar at 154 when Oscar fought at middleweight as well. Just like Sergio, Oscar had no business being at 160. Sergio Martinez at 154 is a legit fight for Floyd. Any haters of this fight are more than likely scared of the possibility (BIG POSSIBILITY) that Floyd loses his "0".

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                Pirog whose only signature win is over a prospect with spinal cancer whose now injured, has no fanbase and no title?

Tbf you'd have a better argument IMO if you said the Quillin vs N'jikam winner.
                You think Sergio wouldn't fight Geale in a heartbeat?
                Geale has 2 straps, a fanbase and is the weakest champion there is IMO - Easy K.O win for Sergio.

Golovkin brings nothing to the table and is unproven. Realistically what respect would you give Sergio should he fight & beat him?
                ''Oh he had power and was a good amateur''
                You are Sergio Martinez - You gonna fight Golovkin for pennies or would you rather say Geale who brings 2 titles into it and much more money?

GOod point, I forgot about N'Jikam. The winner of the Quillin-N'Jikam fight would also be a fight Sergio should be looking at.

I think sometimes you have to look deeper than "titles," and see the real talent. I see freakish talent in GGG, and I think everybody else in his division does to, which is why nobody will fight him.

I'd have no problem with him fighting Geale next.

I just think if he wants to act like "the people's champion," proclaiming he's so different, then he should take risks like a people's champion would do.

Most hardcore boxing fans I speak to agree that GGG would be the most difficult fight for Sergio, and a fight they all want to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Ring Leader View Post
                  Floyd fought Oscar at 154 when Oscar fought at middleweight as well. Just like Sergio, Oscar had no business being at 160. Sergio Martinez at 154 is a legit fight for Floyd. Any haters of this fight are more than likely scared of the possibility (BIG POSSIBILITY) that Floyd loses his "0".
                  I think he can lose his "0" but in no way am i hating on this fight. This is my megafight

Comment

Fight won't happen cuz Martinez posses a treath times like this Floyd "retires" or just plain & simple..... Ducks them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ring Leader View Post

Or maybe they just want to see Sergio fight guys his same size, in his weight division.

Crazy, innit?

Comment

Working...
                      X