No announcement yet.

Martinez calls out Mayweather "I Will Crack Your Bones Like I Did To Chavez Jr"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    So Cotto training down 2 lbs is drained, but Sergio training down 6 lbs isn't drained......okay. You and I both know that's a horrible double standard.

Chad said he'd mae 168 no problem and offered to go there, was he drained or affected in your "expert" opinion???
    Is Chad & Martinez the same fighter?? Has every fighter thats come down in weight lost?? Floyd/Oscar. Go find another irrelevant comparo.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      Alright, forget the location. He'll concede the purse and weight, drug testing, and probably anything else asked of him to get the fight made.
      How does he concede drug testing? How does he concede purse? Is he against something?

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        Alright, forget the location. He'll concede the purse and weight, drug testing, and probably anything else asked of him to get the fight made.
        he isn't conceding anything. He is negotiating for the biggest possible payday out there. Lets not make what he's doing out to be noble. Thats like saying floyd conceded to ODH. uhh, how else was he getting $25 mil

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          And going by your logic & since you like comparo's so much: B-Hop should have lost in his catchweight fight to Oscar cause he was drained.

Lets post the facts you're ignoring. Cotto was forced to 145. Martinez while never making 160 has repeatedly said he can make 154. Apples & oranges.
          I didn't say Sergio would be drained, because no one on here knows if he would. But you've said over and over Cotto was drained by training to 2 lbs less than he currently was, something I don't agree with.

So it's a clear as day double standard on your part when you say Cotto was drained but that Sergio wouldn't be drained training down 6 lbs than he usually does now. Sergio hasn't been to 154 in 4 years coming up, and the lowest he's weighed since was like 157.5 against Barker I believe.

So because Sergio says he can make 154 no problem, that negates the fact you say Cotto was drained going down 2 lbs but then saying Sergio isn't drained going down 6 lbs????

Man, it's clear as day what you're doing here.

Comment

So Cotto training down 2 lbs is drained, but Sergio training down 6 lbs isn't drained......okay. You and I both know that's a horrible double standard.

Chad said he'd mae 168 no problem and offered to go there, was he drained or affected in your "expert" opinion???
            Martinez is a small middleweight. He has been there before and he will be there again. The guy is not walking around 180+ by any stretch of the imagination

Comment

• Originally posted by Ring Leader View Post
              Martinez is a small middleweight. He has been there before and he will be there again. The guy is not walking around 180+ by any stretch of the imagination
              Actually he does or is pretty damn close. Hes not a small MW.

Comment

He probably would. I don't see why people think Floyd can fight Middleweights.
                Martinez can still make 154, I would love to see the fight at that weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  Is Chad & Martinez the same fighter?? Has every fighter thats come down in weight lost?? Floyd/Oscar. Go find another irrelevant comparo.
                  That's not irrelevant. Chad calle dout Ward, said he could easily make 168 no problem. Made 168 and lost, looked like the weight affected him a bit. What's your take on it???

And Chad's previous fights, he hadn't weighed in at the full 175 lb limit, he was at 173-174 the previous couple years before the Ward fight. He hadn't weighed in at 175 since the Johnson fight.

It's a double standard to say Cotto was drained by training down 2 lbs from he had been training to, but then to say Sergio wouldn't be drained by training down 6 lbs lower than what he has been training to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ring Leader View Post
                    Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                    I keep seeing people say that Sergio is "a small middleweight". Let's examine his size.

On August 14th, at the WBC 30-day weigh-in, Sergio Martinez was 174 pounds.

That is an in-shape and training Sergio. 174 pounds.

Just for grins, Mayweather's 30-day weight for the Ortiz fight was 149 pounds. Ortiz was 157.4. Floyd weighed in at 151 for Cotto (after drinking a quart of Gatorade. Vid below, see @7:28)

At the 7-day weigh-in for Chavez-Martinez, when Sergio was cutting to make weight, he was 167 pounds.

At this point, Maravilla is no longer really a 154-pounder. And, in truth, not a particularly small middleweight. (For comparison, Saul Alvarez' 30-day weight for Knockout Kingz was 167 pounds)

Now, I have no problem with Money May vs Maravilla Martinez at 154. In fact, that's a fight I'd really like to see. But Sergio Martinez is fully 2-3 weight divisions bigger than Floyd and Manny at this point. Sergio is MUCH closer in size to Andre Ward than to May & Pac.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

• Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                      Actually he does or is pretty damn close. Hes not a small MW.
                      you probably mad at martinez for knocking out pwill? you seem to not like him

Comment

Working...
                      X