Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rewatched Floyd-Jmm and i have never seen Jmm look so lost

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Praise floyd for beating a fighter moving up two weight classes.
    Bash canelo for that exact same reason?Wtf is going on here

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
      Praise floyd for beating a fighter moving up two weight classes.
      Bash canelo for that exact same reason?Wtf is going on here
      Floyd got crap for fighting Marquez at that weight when it went down. The thing is, Marquez fought Manny at that weight, looked good and arguably won. He proved he can fight at that weight. When Josesito Lopez proves he can fight at 154, let me know and I'll give him credit for that win.

Comment

I love how everyone still says it was the weight that made the difference, even though he fought Manny that high, and arguably win, and looked good.

Not Floyd's best win by any stretch, but given Marquez proved he can fight at that weight, he should get some credit for it.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          I love how everyone still says it was the weight that made the difference, even though he fought Manny that high, and arguably win, and looked good.

Not Floyd's best win by any stretch, but given Marquez proved he can fight at that weight, he should get some credit for it.
          Your analysis has potholes though, people can grow into weight classes, and acclimate fully over time. JMM's climb to fight Floyd was terribly sudden.

By the time the Pac fight came along JMM probably felt much better at the weight.

Comment

Another thing that it is funny is this.....

Everyone is saying Marquez was just too small to fight Floyd, who's only a little bit bigger than Manny anyway, and that Marquez fighting Floyd, the size difference is just too great. It's a great big guy beating a great little guy.

That's all Floyd-Sergio would be if Sergio won. The size difference matters when it's Floyd-JMM, but not when it's Floyd-Sergio.

Comment

Floyd got crap for fighting Marquez at that weight when it went down. The thing is, Marquez fought Manny at that weight, looked good and arguably won. He proved he can fight at that weight. When Josesito Lopez proves he can fight at 154, let me know and I'll give him credit for that win.
              no he didnt prove he could fight at the weight, he proved he could fight against pac, pacquiao isnt a natural welterweight either. stick marquez in with a guy like collazo at 147 and he wouldnt stand much chance

Comment

Originally posted by Hallaqsillaq View Post
                Your analysis has potholes though, people can grow into weight classes, and acclimate fully over time. JMM's climb to fight Floyd was terribly sudden.

By the time the Pac fight came along JMM probably felt much better at the weight.
                He was 2 years older, and had one little short KO fight at 140 against Ramos, otherwise since losing to Floyd he was at 135 still, but he had grown into the weight class????

Comment

He was 2 years older, and had one little short KO fight at 140 against Ramos, otherwise since losing to Floyd he was at 135 still, but he had grown into the weight class????
                  adrien broner needs to be fighting at 147 already

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                    adrien broner needs to be fighting at 147 already
                    He weighs around 147 on fight night, so that's like saying Alvarez needs to be at 168 already.

But if I were Broner, I'd have 3-4 fights at the most at 135, than go to 140. I think he could be at 140 for awhile.

Comment

He weighs around 147 on fight night, so that's like saying Alvarez needs to be at 168 already.

But if I were Broner, I'd have 3-4 fights at the most at 135, than go to 140. I think he could be at 140 for awhile.
                      pacquiao is around 147 fight night aswell.......

Comment

Working...
                      X