No announcement yet.

Rewatched Floyd-Jmm and i have never seen Jmm look so lost

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
    He was trying his best and could not land anything and the counter puncher was getting countered,he looked lost,irritated and frustrated.It literally looked like a big brother playing with his little brother.Styles really do make fights
    Maybe that's because he knew he wouldn't win with his normal counter punching style against Floyd, and so he had to press the action and was fighting way out of his comfort zone. Of course he looked lost.

He also wasn't in the physical shape he was when he fought Pac at 147. He clearly took the Mayweather fight just for a big payday and hoping that Mayweather would have lost a step after "retirement."

Comment

Originally posted by Hallaqsillaq View Post
      Floyd is at another level than JMM defensively, plus he uses his physical attributes FULLY.

JMM at times would throw shots that would land on anyone else, but not Floyd, both because Floyd is a defensive wizard, and because JMM was just too small, with too little reach for some of those shots to reach him.

JMM was just too small to be competitive with a Floyd whom could easily compete at 154 if he wanted too, he has the size, reach, etc. JMM is an overblown lightweight honestly.

I don't consider that fight to be a measure of anything other than a great small guy fighting a great much bigger guy.

The size was not the factor. Floyd has fought at a MUCH bigger size disadvantage than that.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
        pacquiao is around 147 fight night aswell.......
        So is Mayweather. Broner just started his career. It's like saying Alvarez needs to be at 168 already. I doubt he'd say he should.

Comment

Originally posted by Oh you out son View Post

He also wasn't in the physical shape he was when he fought Pac at 147. He clearly took the Mayweather fight just for a big payday and hoping that Mayweather would have lost a step after "retirement."
          So, all that pee-drinking and quail egg-eating and high-altitude mountain running?

JMM took the Mayweather fight seriously. Don't disrespect the man. He trained his butt off for that fight.

JMM is a pro. He takes every fight seriously. We all watched the 24/7.

Comment

It looked like Marquez was forced to fight a differnt style he wasnt use to.... I'm sure it would have looked much different if marquez got to be on his back foot the entire fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Manboyeatme View Post
              It looked like Marquez was forced to fight a differnt style he wasnt use to.... I'm sure it would have looked much different if marquez got to be on his back foot the entire fight.
              Forced by whom?

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                So is Mayweather. Broner just started his career. It's like saying Alvarez needs to be at 168 already. I doubt he'd say he should.
                well im not sold on that. mayweather usually refuses to weigh in on fight night.

but as far as marquez and mayweather, there was definitely a size difference. mayweather also has a ridiculously long reach.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
                  well im not sold on that. mayweather usually refuses to weigh in on fight night.

but as far as marquez and mayweather, there was definitely a size difference. mayweather also has a ridiculously long reach.
                  He didn't weigh in against Cotto, Hatton, Marquez. He did against Mosley, Oscar, and Ortiz. I believe he was like 148-149 against Mosley and he was 150 against Ortiz and Oscar.

Mayweather has a long reach, a big advantage for him, good thing there isn't reach classes.

I'm saying that One87 or whatever was saying Broner weighing in around 147 means he should be fighting there, well than most 147 fighters should be at 154 really, most 140 fighters should be at 147 really. And his boy Alvarez weighs around 168 or so on fight night, so he should be a Super Middleweight already. But no, he wouldn't say that.

Comment

Originally posted by lebrick View Post
                    you said pbf didn't ko jmm because he respect him. get out of that BS. who wouldn't ko jmm knowing you will be better than what pac (archnemesis) has done? you very well know that pbf wants to stop the midget for him to have bragging rights against pac.
                    Hey what league are you in starcraft and what race?

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      He didn't weigh in against Cotto, Hatton, Marquez. He did against Mosley, Oscar, and Ortiz. I believe he was like 148-149 against Mosley and he was 150 against Ortiz and Oscar.

Mayweather has a long reach, a big advantage for him, good thing there isn't reach classes.

I'm saying that One87 or whatever was saying Broner weighing in around 147 means he should be fighting there, well than most 147 fighters should be at 154 really, most 140 fighters should be at 147 really. And his boy Alvarez weighs around 168 or so on fight night, so he should be a Super Middleweight already. But no, he wouldn't say that.
                      Yeah ok corn.Why u bringing canelo into this

Comment

Working...
                      X