No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Insider Notebook: Martinez-Golovkin, Ward-Pavlik, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    What good is a win over Cotto is he loses to Trout??

So because someone isn't a star, that means they cannot be credible?? But you take about making no sense.

Mosley was the star when he fought Winky. Tito was the star when B-Hop fathered him. Cotto was the star when Margarito destroyed him. What the **** does (knowing who someone is) mean inside the squared circle??

Ortiz was the star when he met Maidana. Jacobs was the rising star when he met What's his name. Draw power, star power means nothing when you step in the ring. But you speak about making no sense. **** off kid.
    WTF are you mumbling about??

You said by the way people are talking about Golovkin he is a more credible opponent. So I replied that people hype up Canelo more. Being a star means **** when inside the ropes and I totally agree with that.

So you are assuming Cotto will lose to trout, how is that any better than people that think he he will win?

At the moment Cotto >>>>>>>>> by a country mile!

You are just making no sense.

It doesnt matter how you sugar coat this, Canelo and Cotto are more credible opponents at the moment. GGG might pose the bigger threat. But bigger threat doesnt equal more credible!

Comment

So hopefully Dibella understands when Martinez gets turned down by Cotto, Canelo and Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by S@rgentKO View Post
        WTF are you mumbling about??

You said by the way people are talking about Golovkin he is a more credible opponent. So I replied that people hype up Canelo more. Being a star means **** when inside the ropes and I totally agree with that.

So you are assuming Cotto will lose to trout, how is that any better than people that think he he will win?

At the moment Cotto >>>>>>>>> by a country mile!

You are just making no sense.

It doesnt matter how you sugar coat this, Canelo and Cotto are more credible opponents at the moment. GGG might poses the bigger threat. But bigger threat doesnt equal at more credible!
        No dude, not assuming a thing. I for 1 would simply not talk about Cotto fighting Martinez next year when he has the type of fighter in Trout to get past 1st if the situation didn't call for it.

But for the life of me in your last post you basically admitted that Triple G posses a far bigger threat than ginger, so why continue??

Comment

Dibella went on the same hostile profanity rant when people wanted Martinez to fight Pirog. Funny how they had no problem fighting unknowns who brought nothing to the table like jmw Dzinziruk who had fought once in the prior three years or Barker who wasn't even a top 10 MW.

Martinez the Middleweight "Champion" who hasn't fought a top 3 Middleweight his entire reign. Duck, duck, duck
          Last edited by Mikhnienko; 09-27-2012, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            No dude, not assuming a thing. I for 1 would simply not talk about Cotto fighting Martinez next year when he has the type of fighter in Trout to get past 1st if the situation didn't call for it.

But for the life of me in your last post you basically admitted that Triple G posses a far bigger threat than ginger, so why continue??
            Because bigger threat doesn equal to more credible. Is that too hard to understand?

Style wise Golovkin is harder, but Golovkin is very beatable!

Comment

Originally posted by S@rgentKO View Post
              Because bigger threat doesn equal to more credible. Is that too hard to understand?

Style wise Golovkin is harder, but Golovkin is very beatable!
              I see, well good luck sir.

Comment

Golovkin is the 2nd most competitive fight available and the one that would generate the least amount of hype/revenue. Martinez would be doing himself a disservice if he didn't look to make other lucrative match-ups first. If Canelo/Cotto/Mayweather doesn't work, and Geale falls through, then fight Golovkin.
                Last edited by kiaba360; 09-27-2012, 08:55 AM.

Comment

U ladies on this site sound rediculous...Martinez has had to travel a crazy road to get into the position he's in. & u jerkoffs think he's just suppoesed to fight anybody. The man shows he's willing to fight whomever...on short notice...however. This is prizefighting. He's coming off a hugely successful ppv card & u meatheads think he should fight guy NOOOOBODY has heard of & whose names can barely be pronounced....stop it. There are very big fights out there to be made...& they should pursue them. Let these other guys fight one another...plain & simple.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    Golovkin is the 2nd most competitive fight available and the one that would generate the least amount of hype/revenue. Martinez would be doing himself a disservice if he didn't look to make other lucrative match-ups first. If Canelo/Cotto/Mayweather doesn't work, and Geale falls through, then fight Golovkin.
                    When those fights fall through and they have a very good chance of doing so it will be for the very reasons DiBella doesnt want to fight GGG. So if those fights arent made there isnt shyt Martinez camp can say. It will come back to bite them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                      So hopefully Dibella understands when Martinez gets turned down by Cotto, Canelo and Floyd.
                      But its ok for them to turne martinez down...& not for him to turn down guys nobody outside of Russia knows??? Yeah. Ok everybody is crying about barker & such but martinez was forced to fight those fights by the network... He didn't want those guys...he's been chasing big dogs. I just want one person here to tell me how u market a martinez v. Pirog fight....or a glovokin fight....he got a 1.4 mil guarantee for jcc Jr. Wut exactly does his purse look like for one of those guys....

Comment

Working...
                      X