Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonGuy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dyabolic

An in shape Solis beats Adamek. The Solis that showed up to fight Vitali beats Adamek. Adamek was beat by a 1handed Chambers. But he still has a tough test ahead of him in Spain.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Here we go with the "in shape Solis beats insert fighter name here ________ "comment. When has this guy ever been in good fighting shape?

Also, you're gonna judge Solis by his one round of action vs. Vitali? You're gonna make a prediction based on watching one round of a fighter? That's laughable...

Granted the Chambers fight was not one of Adamek's best hw performances but he did manage to win that fight. And that's what Tomas Adamek does: he wins fight on grit, determination and workrate. He's been known to get caught once in a while but he knows how to recover and to adjust.
    You sound so mad. At least now we know Adamek has 1 fan.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      Here we go with the "in shape Solis beats insert fighter name here ________ "comment. When has this guy ever been in good fighting shape?

Also, you're gonna judge Solis by his one round of action vs. Vitali? You're gonna make a prediction based on watching one round of a fighter? That's laughable...

Granted the Chambers fight was not one of Adamek's best hw performances but he did manage to win that fight. And that's what Tomas Adamek does: he wins fight on grit, determination and workrate. He's been known to get caught once in a while but he knows how to recover and to adjust.
      You make a good point. However, ironically enough, your point helps bolster the idea that an in-shape Solis indeed beats every heavyweight except (perhaps) Vitali and Wlad. Despite his outwardly terrible condition, Solis has managed to beat everyone he's faced, with the exception of Vitali. The condition Odlanier sported in his meeting with the elder brother promised a good fight with one of the two top heavies in the world. It proved, if nothing else, that Solis can get in much better shape when motivated.

I regard "La Sombra" as an unprofessional, lazy near-embarrassment. But, at the same time, he's probably (potentially, at least) the best heavyweight not named Klitschko. Odlanier's lack of desire might make him contemptible, but not incapable. So, let's put it this way: Adamek is in for a rough time whether Solis shows up in-shape or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerwas1 View Post
        If Solis is in shape, Adamek will lose badly. Everything depends on his form.
        It seems everyone who picks Solis against anyone decent has to preface their comment with these words, or some variation. He's simply never going to get into shape. The sooner people realize this the better.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadman View Post
          It seems everyone who picks Solis against anyone decent has to preface their comment with these words, or some variation. He's simply never going to get into shape. The sooner people realize this the better.
          Sadly, you're right on point number one. And, sadder still, you're almost certainly right on your remaining points.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            Sadly, you're right on point number one. And, sadder still, you're almost certainly right on your remaining points.
            Cheers. I really wish I wasn't, as I thought Solis was an excellent amateur, and has showed flashes of that skill in his pro career. But some people really need to smell the coffee now.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadman View Post
              Cheers. I really wish I wasn't, as I thought Solis was an excellent amateur, and has showed flashes of that skill in his pro career. But some people really need to smell the coffee now.
              The guy is very talented and well-schooled, fast hands and good power. However, he's been sleepwalking through his career. No surprise that he blew his chance at the big-time. Truth is, he never deserved it in the first place. I'm not a fan of the Klitschkos, but they're as respectable as fighters come. Solis pales before them. All that said, I'd be lying if I said I didn't hold out just a little hope Odlanier turns it around before the fat lady makes her entrance.

Comment

Solis is better all round, he stops him or wins a clear decision. Think he stops him though. If he'd get himself in shape this wouldnt even be a question

Comment

I think Adamek will win. Solis just didn't dedicate himself right once he turned pro. He showed tremendous skills as an amateur, and he's only shown slight flashes of that as a pro.

Comment

Solis was on his way to stopping Vitali when his knee buckled.

O/J.

You're right - an in-shape Solis could easily challenge/be in the mix with everyone outside of the Klitschkos.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                      Solis was on his way to stopping Vitali when his knee buckled.

Comment

Working...
                      X