Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you guys would win if Cotto-Martinez met at 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
    Cotto has Diaz now...they come up with great game plans and Cotto is looking better than ever. Serio is getting older, and i think Cotto is still younger and improving, training at higher altitudes, hopefully working on defense *uppercuts* mostly.

i say he beats Sergio @ 154 in a brutal fight.
    That Samurai sig is classic. He was the man of that thread.

Comment

All these people saying Sergio would beat the brakes off Cotto... why exactly? Because Sergio is bigger? Because he just beat Chavez... and before that who exactly? Sergio is a good fighter, but he is not some super special one in a generation talent get real. I mean seriously, his last real fights were Williams and Pavlik neither of which were that much. You have your PWill nuthuggers in here, but he was just very long in his division and nothing more. Terrible technique and no defense, Sergio has been beating up on average UK talent for 3 years and nothing more.

It would be a close fight, but Sergio stamina is not going to be better at 154, period. He'll have less fat to burn up thus affecting stamina, his power won't be as good, his punch resistance will be affected. He might get a speed boost but only because he has less muscle, I mean seriously go up to him and ask him to lose 6 pounds. It wouldn't be easy, the guy is already cross-country biking and working out in the gym and eating healthy and he is 160... There is more to boxing than moving your feet and hitting something. You same clowns were hating on Manny for a 148 catchweight for Cotto, it's only 6 pounds right? Looking at Cotto you would think he could make 147 and he can just like Sergio can make 154 but there are SACRIFICES for doing it, none of which actually benefit you as a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
        That Samurai sig is classic. He was the man of that thread.
        The max points king!

Comment

WOW at ppl piking cotto are u ***in delusional!?!?!?

cotto is shot to **** i cant wait till trout proves this

martinez may be on the slide but never the less he decapitates him

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
            Cotto eats pure boxers for breakfast though. Outside of Mayweather who he held his own against what pure boxer hasnt he had his way with?

Not trying to use triangles just wondering.
            Martinez is not a pure boxer, he has an unconventional style. Cotto got hurt by Corley and Zab and took a beating against Pac. He doesn't look good against quick southpaws and if Martinez hurts him he won't let him off the hook. Cotto would give him problems early on and will definitely hit him but what happens when Martinez retaliates? Cotto doesn't have a tight defense and he doesn't have the size to take those punches for 12 rounds.

Comment

Big fan of cotto but martinez would put a beating on him. Too big, too good and his stamina would be too much for cotto.

Comment

Because of his fights with Barker, Macklin, and round 12 of Chavez Jr, I think a lot of people, including myself, now think Martinez is more vulnerable than we thought. I think Cotto does better than Macklin, Chavez Jr and Barker. But I don't think Cotto does any better than Williams did in the first fight. Actually he doesn't even do as good as Paul, which is fight a close FOTY candidate.

Comment

The only question would be: can Martinez make 154 without deteriorating? I hope this fight happens so badly. Two of my favorite fighters going at it, there would be no loser from my point of view.

Comment

A few years ago, sure, but this fight would ruin Cotto today. He doesn't need this kind of thing before he retires. He needs a couple safe fights to put some money in the bank, which is what he's wisely doing.

Comment

As much as i think Cotto is great.

Martinez would beat him.

Comment

Working...
                      X