Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you guys would win if Cotto-Martinez met at 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fight's closer than many think based on styles. The most important thing with a Cotto fight is pace. If Cotto can fight at a comfortable pace he's going to be competitive. And his great jab helps him fight at that pace.

However he just can't stand up to Sergio's power. It'd be a good, competitive fight but Sergio would stop him late.

Comment

Originally posted by Slightly Dazed View Post
      A few years ago, sure, but this fight would ruin Cotto today. He doesn't need this kind of thing before he retires. He needs a couple safe fights to put some money in the bank, which is what he's wisely doing.
      Safe fights? Mayweather and Trout? In what world are those considered safe exactly...

Comment

Also I want to like Cottos chances but I only think he can win if Martinez is drained a bit at 154. Mayweather didn't respect him at all in their fight and he was undersized. Mayweather also hurt him in that fight and if he gets hit like that by Sergio it'll be a short night for Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
          The fight's closer than many think based on styles. The most important thing with a Cotto fight is pace. If Cotto can fight at a comfortable pace he's going to be competitive. And his great jab helps him fight at that pace.

However he just can't stand up to Sergio's power. It'd be a good, competitive fight but Sergio would stop him late.

agreed.

but let me just say that if I'm mann,y cotto or floyd, I'm jumping at the chance at fighting martinez at 154. i don't think he'll be the same fighter, he may prove me wrong, but i think coming down in weight might hurt him.

Comment

as much as i like cotto!! i think the bike rider would eat him alive . while it wont be a total destruction like manny did , it will still be a all out assault . cotto couldnt even hurt mayweather @ 154 and mayweather has a questionable chin . how would he hurt martinez when martinez regullarleey takes punishments from bigger opponets

Comment

Martinez would put a beating on Migs.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
                Martinez style is not hittable in the Body! martinez dances around Cotto. Sergio by TKO!
                once the jab starts landing his hands have to go up!!!!!!!!!! and once that goes up you know what he is gonna get hit with?

Comment

Martinez. Sergio's cardio is way better than cotto's unless cotto works on it. I see Martinez breaking him down and finishing in the later rounds.

Comment

***ay would catch a body Dont want to see Cotto go thugh that

Comment

• Originally posted by 3Sun2 View Post
                      as much as i like cotto!! i think the bike rider would eat him alive . while it wont be a total destruction like manny did , it will still be a all out assault . cotto couldnt even hurt mayweather @ 154 and mayweather has a questionable chin . how would he hurt martinez when martinez regullarleey takes punishments from bigger opponets

Comment

Working...
                      X