Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you guys would win if Cotto-Martinez met at 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
    People thinking speed is a huge factor for Sergio are idiots. He's fast compared to MW, Cotto might be a little slower but only with his handspeed. Dirk is a dumbass and doesn't know **** saying Cotto is flatfooted, his quick and agile on his feet with great balance.

Sergio does not have a higher boxing IQ or is nearly as good as a ring general as Cotto is. Pavlik showed he can be outboxed and he probably would have won that fight if he wasn't drunk at the time.

Sergio can't fight on the inside and Cotto has shown he can get inside on anyone he wants. It's also where he is most effective and has most of his power.

Reach/power will be Sergio's biggest assets in this fight and it's the only reason it is really close because Cotto's is small for JMW and doesn't have a great chin after 8 or 9 rounds especially. Stylistically people saying it's bad for Cotto are the same dumbasses who think Trout and Foreman were bad for the same reason. Cotto aside from Mayweather wins and KO's most guys who try to stay on the "outside" with Cotto. You need to be high volume and tons of pressure to beat Cotto which Sergio is not. Plus... Sergio is pretty easy to hit actually, it happens when you leave you hands low.
    Ha...Miguel would look like he was walking through cement in the ring with Sergio.

Seriously...Sergio wouldn't have to give ground as he'd be the bigger man. He's quite capable of throwing in volume too - he was getting close to 100 punches a round against Chavez. And Miguel has no defence. Whenever Sergio wanted to step it up he would. Miguel's face would be a mess at the end of this fight.

Comment

Are the people picking cotto high?

.. this would be his third knockout loss. I'll bet all my points on it.

Cotto Wont be able to get within 2 feet of Sergio the whole fight
      Last edited by DARKSEID; 09-24-2012, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Martinez by ko. I think he is bigger, faster, and a harder puncher than Cotto. He also takes a punch better and has more stamina than Cotto. I really don't see how Cotto could win.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
          Mayweather didnt run.

I think hes going to run through Trout. We'll see.
          He didnt run or dance because he can't as good as he use to. Sergio has better footwork

Comment

Martinez TKO11 on cuts.

Comment

38 year old, 1 broken hand, hands beside hips Martinez would TKO Cotto.

Comment

@ beater of ass

delusional dickrider

anyways, Cotto is not even in the elite level to compete with a guy like Martinez, he gets an ass whooping if they ever fight

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                  Sergio hurts him, badly.

The earmuff defense, and blocking after getting hit isn't gonna cut it for Miguel.
                  Cotto has Diaz now...they come up with great game plans and Cotto is looking better than ever. Serio is getting older, and i think Cotto is still younger and improving, training at higher altitudes, hopefully working on defense *uppercuts* mostly.

i say he beats Sergio @ 154 in a brutal fight.

Comment

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
                    Good post. Besides, Cotto hasn't been cut in like 5-6 fights. His defense has improved and his trainer has a PHD in Sports Science! Based on the Mayweather fight alone, I like his chances against Alvarez and Martinez and Mayweather in a rematch. He will out-smart Trout and use his length against him.
                    .... no

Comment

cotto would get destroyed....when he feels sergio's he'll go into retreat mode ,survive a few rounds than take a knee...

Comment

Working...
                      X