Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you guys would win if Cotto-Martinez met at 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends on how Martinez makes 154, I dont want to see the same situation that i saw with Ward "Beating" Chad Daw/son, If Martinez can fight someone else first at 154 and win without too much hassle then i would pick him to beat Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Depends on how Martinez makes 154, I dont want to see the same situation that i saw with Ward "Beating" Chad Daw/son, If Martinez can fight someone else first at 154 and win without too much hassle then i would pick him to beat Cotto.
      Chad Dawson hadn't fought at 168 in near a decade or something. Why do people keep relating the two situations?

Comment

Good post........

Good post. Besides, Cotto hasn't been cut in like 5-6 fights. His defense has improved and his trainer has a PHD in Sports Science! Based on the Mayweather fight alone, I like his chances against Alvarez and Martinez and Mayweather in a rematch. He will out-smart Trout and use his length against him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ring Leader View Post
          Did Miguels cut off the ring against Mayweather? And who has better footwork Mayweather or Martinez? Martinez at this point is far the superior. Hell im betting Austin Trout pulls it off against Miguels
          Mayweather didnt run.

I think hes going to run through Trout. We'll see.

Comment

Sergio comes in with his hands down that would mean he would be open for Cotto's jab and I would bet Cotto drops him with a jab as Sergio comes charging in. Is a very close fight based on style alone.

Comment

Martinez stops Cotto in 5 rds......bs fight

Comment

Martinez simply has too much of everything for Cotto. Size, reach, speed, power and boxing skills.

Cotto does good breaking down boxers but Martinez should come out victorious

Comment

Providing Martinez can make 154 without it taking to much away from him he would ruin Cotto his face would look worse than after the Pac and Margarito fights combined.

Martinez K.O or Cotto's corner stop it around 8 or 9.

Comment

Sergio is also like a decade older than Dawson and relies on speed, reflexes and movement. At 38 predicting a decline is elementary, then factoring in going down in weight with his style just not a good mix.

If they fought at 160 Segio would mess Cotto up, but I think most everyone is not living in reality when they think he will just be straight at 154~ chances favor decline heavily and guys who fight like Sergio don't handle decline very well~

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                      Sergio is also like a decade older than Dawson and relies on speed, reflexes and movement. At 38 predicting a decline is elementary, then factoring in going down in weight with his style just not a good mix.

If they fought at 160 Segio would mess Cotto up, but I think most everyone is not living in reality when they think he will just be straight at 154~ chances favor decline heavily and guys who fight like Sergio don't handle decline very well~
                      He weighs on average 157/158 at weigh-ins. Its 3/4lbs. Its not nearly as big a deal as certain people are trying to make out.

Comment

Working...
                      X