Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ellerbe: Manny Pacquiao Can't Tell Mayweather ****

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Promote dat fight Pac, I ain't mad at ya.

Comment

Originally posted by hatershate View Post
      Mayweather's last fight... 1.5M (confirmed by HBO)
      Pacquiao's last fight... 0.9M (confirmed by Arum, most likely around 700K)

Let's pretend that Arum is telling the truth, which he is not, 1.5M+0.9M=2.4M. 1.5M/2.4M=62.5%

If Mayweather accepts anything less than 62.5%, he loses me as a fan.

/troll
      So, Cotto's name means nothing in your equation?

Pacquiao-Cotto 1.25MM
      Mayweather-Cotto 1.5MM

1.5+1.25 = 2.75
      1.5/2.75 = 54.5%

Well...by your logic 55-45% is about right!

Last edited by DominiBox; 09-21-2012, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
        Never once said floyd didnt use the same tactic. Like i said apparently it is working But if your gonna hate then at least keep it equal instead of resorting to fanboyism. Yes ihate on Pac but not because of this but because i truly believe he was/is dirty.

Fact is Pac is fighting JMM, and we did not hear a peep of any this till now, so until he beats the guy that a majority of real fans think he lost to it is all promoting.

And what i mean by fanboyism, cause i know you will go all in, is that when floyd mentioned pac i for one didnt start up this same recycled debates cause i was smart enough to know there was another fight still to be won. If Pac wins, and continues this smack talk then we can have this same debate and bring up the same things if you want. Till then, like i said, irs promoting a fight that is obviously struggling to get people behind.

FYI, long before either fighter used each others names to promote any event Pac was always the fighter who stated after each victory of his foes in recent years that he would fight Floyd and that was when Manny was at his very pinnacle of his career. Roach stated repeatedly that the apex of his training career would be a victory over Floyd and Floyd sat idle on the side lines while not just Manny but other prime welter weight elites where killing each other for P4P supremacy.

Don't believe me? Tell you what, I'll break it down for you:

1. Margarito fought Cotto, Manny, Mosley, Clottey.

2. Cotto fought Margarito, Clottey, Mosley , Manny.

3. Mosley fought Margarito, Manny, Cotto

4. Manny fought Margarito, Clottey, Cotto, Mosley.

And where was P4P Floyd during this?

Answer: Dancing with the ****ing stars!

Oh, but wait, your rationale would be:

"But Manny fought an already war torn 82 year old Mosley why didn't he just call out and fight Floyd then?" Meanwhile you don't recognize that Floyd had fought a less than threatening battle worn Cotto while failing to see the same paradox.

Now, going onto how you hate on Pac for as you put "is/was" dirty. Name me one fight where the Nevada Athletic Commission tested Manny where he tested positive for ANY banned substance. Enlighten me to how OST testing is warranted in this case. Why? Because Floyd said so?

I'll even go deeper, Floyd's Motto is:

"If it don't make dollars than it don't make sense"

Explain to me how making the BIGGEST payday of your career fighting Manny doesn't make any business sense? Wouldn't that be a contradiction in its most obvious form?

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
          you heard 'em!
          lol!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
            FYI, long before either fighter used each others names to promote any event Pac was always the fighter who stated after each victory of his foes in recent years that he would fight Floyd and that was when Manny was at his very pinnacle of his career. Roach stated repeatedly that the apex of his training career would be a victory over Floyd and Floyd sat idle on the side lines while not just Manny but other prime welter weight elites where killing each other for P4P supremacy.

"But Manny fought an already war torn 82 year old Mosley why didn't he just call out and fight Floyd then?" Meanwhile you don't recognize that Floyd had fought a less than threatening battle worn Cotto while failing to see the same paradox.

Now, going onto how you hate on Pac for as you put "is/was" dirty. Name me one fight where the Nevada Athletic Commission tested Manny where he tested positive for ANY banned substance. Enlighten me to how OST testing is warranted in this case. Why? Because Floyd said so?

Explain to me how making the BIGGEST payday of your career fighting Manny doesn't make any business sense? Wouldn't that be a contradiction in its most obvious form?
            To much reading when THERE IS STILL A FIGHT TO BE WON!! And JMM proved he is no pushover.

Comment

?
              I've seen this before. It's PacNation orthodoxy.

...and Floyd took 20/24 rounds from Cotto and Mosley. Both of whom knocked out Margarito. Something, by the way, Pacquiao couldn't seem to do to Margarito.

Soooo, you are essentially faulting Floyd for not fighting Hall of Famer Clottey.

Comment

Ouch...That's enough for them chief!

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                  To much reading when THERE IS STILL A FIGHT TO BE WON!! And JMM proved he is no pushover.
                  I'm sorry, were there too many syllables?

Comment

Pacquiao fans aren't even talking about Marquez. His fanatical fans are just happy Pacquiao isn't being ****ted on anymore..

Comment

• Sell that fight 4th fight for Arum Pac, lmao.

Comment

Working...
                      X