Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just watched the Canelo-Lopez fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Josesito Lopez is a tough SOB, thats all I saw. Canelo looked good, but Ive seen guys look good hitting the heavybag before.

Comment

Originally posted by CeeMCee View Post
      Josesito Lopez is a tough SOB, thats all I saw. Canelo looked good, but Ive seen guys look good hitting the heavybag before.
      We saw it that same night with Martinez-Chavez.

Comment

The same people bashing Lopez-Alvarez were praising Martinez for beating up a punching bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
          We saw it that same night with Martinez-Chavez.
          Chavez took a savage beating and kept coming. People can say what they want about the kid, but hes much tougher than a lot of these guys who receive more praise. I find it hard to hate on anyone who puts their body on the line the way Lopez and Chavez did.

Comment

wow, did he really compare those two fights? x10000

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo
              The same people bashing Lopez-Alvarez were praising Martinez for beating up a punching bag.
              This dude still trying to discredit Martinez. Nobody told you to put money on the punching bag bro.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by CeeMCee View Post
                Chavez took a savage beating and kept coming. People can say what they want about the kid, but hes much tougher than a lot of these guys who receive more praise. I find it hard to hate on anyone who puts their body on the line the way Lopez and Chavez did.
                Look we can sugar coat shyt or we can keep it real. Junior and Lopez were both punching bags. One just happened to Be sturdier than the other.

We cant hype up Martinezs victory then shyt on Chavez. Thats the Freddie Roach syndrome.

Comment

That's how it turned out, but that wasn't what most expected it to be. The most competitive round was the 11th. Sergio fought a smart fight, and Jr. couldn't negate anything he was doing.

I expected Josesito to go down fighting, but I was hoping he'd do something dramatic. I expected Chavez to be some-what competitive, but Sergio simply didn't allow it. If Jr. had developed his tool-box during training like he was supposed to, he would've had a better chance.

Comment

Look we can sugar coat shyt or we can keep it real. Junior and Lopez were both punching bags. One just happened to Be sturdier than the other.
                    One was a larger punching bag while one was moving up 2 weigh classes. Another big difference is I dont think Lopez is a punching bag against guys his own size. I wasnt praising Chavez boxing ability, but Im not blowing a blunt and then letting Sergio hit me like that for 36 mins. I was just saying it takes a certain type of individual to withstand that amount of punishment without ho'ing up.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo
                      Quote:

Originally Posted by CeeMCee

We cant hype up Martinezs victory then shyt on Chavez. Thats the Freddie Roach syndrome.
                      Lopez is more skilled than Chavez...

And no Im not saying Canelo's win was better than Martinez's.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X