No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez-Martinez: A Tape-Delayed Journey into Oblivion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chavez-Martinez: A Tape-Delayed Journey into Oblivion

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - Rather than hopping a flight to Las Vegas to take in the dueling fight cards first hand, or surreptitiously adding “cable” to the list of bills at the friend’s house where I’m staying these days… I decided to use good old technology to get me through a busy stretch last weekend.

And while it wasn’t intended as an experiment, it turned out to be a good one.

My wife and son were in town for a 40-plus hour stretch beginning Friday evening, which meant actually sitting down to a live Internet feed of the HBO show on Saturday night – because let’s face it, everyone knew the Showtime main event was a farce, right? – wasn’t an option.

But after saying goodbye to the family around 4 p.m. Sunday, it was officially time to plug in, grab a generically-labeled YouTube link to Chavez-Martinez and watch it “live” without having found out which guy had won in the intervening three quarters of a day. [Click Here To Read More]

Say what?!?

Comment

Grown man in 2012 with no Cable TV. Takin L's all day.

Last edited by Blue Mercury; 09-19-2012, 02:11 AM.

Comment

This had little to do with boxing.

Whenever I read one of LF's articles, it always comes across as if he thinks he's that kid in The Wonder Years, continually narrating his own life.

"I couldn't find the TV remote, and spent 20 minutes looking for it. Then I remembered I had an article to write, so I wrote about not being able to find the TV remote. Next week I think I'll do a feature on what I had for breakfast"

Comment

Are you kidding me? The fight was featured all over ESPN.......It was in the headlines......Remember that ESPN and HBO made a promotional deal? This article is ridiculous. How can showtime set a viewing record even with the farce that the was the main event?

This had to be one of the best weekends for boxing in a very long time. Two sold out venues with cards that lived up to the hype.

You know the card is great when the most boring fight was gonzalez vs de leon.

Bad article.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
            This had little to do with boxing.

Whenever I read one of LF's articles, it always comes across as if he thinks he's that kid in The Wonder Years, continually narrating his own life.

"I couldn't find the TV remote, and spent 20 minutes looking for it. Then I remembered I had an article to write, so I wrote about not being able to find the TV remote. Next week I think I'll do a feature on what I had for breakfast"
            "What would you do, if you had a ****ing clue? - My Wonder Years theme song for this article...

Originally posted by kingjosh View Post
            Are you kidding me? The fight was featured all over ESPN.......It was in the headlines......Remember that ESPN and HBO made a promotional deal? This article is ridiculous. How can showtime set a viewing record even with the farce that the was the main event?

This had to be one of the best weekends for boxing in a very long time. Two sold out venues with cards that lived up to the hype.

You know the card is great when the most boring fight was gonzalez vs de leon.

Bad article.
            Second. The fact that he would choose this weekend to prove that boxing is ailing is absurb. Dumb article.

Comment

Why does BoxingScene print stuff like this??Is there no editorial control, nor quality requirement??

More and more this writer has jumped into irrelevance. He seems mor wrapped up in what he himself is doing-or not doing- than Mayweather, whom he loves.

In fact it could and should bot be regarded as an article at all, but an undisguised, meaningless spacefiller, with neither subject nor object.
              Last edited by edgarg; 09-19-2012, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Who this guy keep getting publish?

Comment

yo, the word is bolivian, bolivian B.

Comment

I recommend the World Boxing Video archive site to everyone, it has all the major fights and many of the more obscure ones from around the world. In the Uk you have to search out any boxing news unless its Amir Khan or David Haye fighting so its easy to watch a fight "pseudo-live" the next morning. The site is torrent based and does require you to keep downloaded videos available for sharing so your ratio remains good ( Keep seeding ,No hit and runs or your banned!)

Comment

Working...
                    X