Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Mayweather fights Canelo at 154 would it be for the Ring/Lineal Title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Molina probably has the best case for being ranked number two in the division. He beat Cintron when he mattered, he got screwed against Kirkland, and he arguably beat Lara.
    I like Molina but Cintron is Cintron, he lost against Kirkland albeit controversially but there was still fight to go and he was in a bit of trouble, and the Lara fight was pretty close and tough to score.

That is being awful generous to him to just give him all that.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      Yup thanks to new Ring Rules. Also the WBC diamond belt and uranium belt and Californium belt
      How can you leave out the WBC Onyx Title.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        I like Molina but Cintron is Cintron, he lost against Kirkland albeit controversially but there was still fight to go and he was in a bit of trouble, and the Lara fight was pretty close and tough to score.

That is being awful generous to him to just give him all that.
        Even being critical those are still better marks on his resume than anything anyone else in the division has. Same with Lara. It's really not even close, Cotto, Floyd, and Alvarez cannot compare.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          How can you leave out the WBC Onyx Title.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Even being critical those are still better marks on his resume than anything anyone else in the division has. Same with Lara. It's really not even close, Cotto, Floyd, and Alvarez cannot compare.
              You can rank them whatever you want, they are all about the same to me although Floyd doesn't have as much depth at 154 as the others who all have more fights so you could use that against him.

I just found that a real generous view of Molina who I like and do think is a very good fighter.

Comment

So what if its a weak division? Other guys have better wins

I dont understand
                The rankings are subjective (obviously) and they aren't based soley on who's been in the division longest. There's some speculation. That division has no one ranked on anyones p4p list. So when the #1/2 p4p fighter steps in and beats arguably the best the division has to offer what are the ranking press to do? Rank him 4th?

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
                  that's not a fact. The ring belt doesn't always mean it's lineal, especially now with their new whacky rules.

Also, I would have to question the logic by the Ring of having Floyd #1 in the division by having one fight and beating Cotto who only beat Yuri Foreman, washed up Mayorga/Margarito. The Ring lost a lot of credibility which is why a lot of the top guys left (Nigel Collins, etc.).

The Bible of Boxing is more like The Satanic Verses now days.
                  Ring has gone down hill. Oscar owning it is a huge conflict of interest. He is a big time promoter and Ring rates fighters and writes about fighters. Good stories and ratings for the boss.

Comment

Also Cotto #1 vs #3 Marg was for the Ring belt even tho Williams was #2 after beating Marg
                    that fight was not for the ring belt..the last person to hold the ring belt was floyd

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
                      yeah until he beats a couple top guys there. Donaire moved to from 118 to 122 and he didn't automatically become #1. He beat Vazquez Jr & Mathebula and Donaire is now #3 as a result. I think being #1 in the previous division should help you get a top spot faster but you gotta beat some guys first. Floyd being #1 after one single fight is a lil crazy to me.
                      Its not really the same. As mentioned below 154 is a weaker division and its much more cloudy. Nishioka is the certified #1. There is no question about that. There is no fighter u can say that about at 154. And besides, this is Floyd Mayweather and he's been a champ at the weight in the past. Donaire is good but he's not Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                      X