Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Mayweather fights Canelo at 154 would it be for the Ring/Lineal Title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Having Alvarez above Lara or Molina is downright insane.
    And Kirkland as well. He has wins over #4 Angulo and #5 Molina, 2 very tough fighters

Its not only 154 tho, Ring is doing this in all divisions

Comment

Originally posted by DuttyAlacrity View Post
      Double chk that bro are you sure? I don't think the ring belt was on the line then.
      It wasnt? I think it was. I know it was for the "lineal" title

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Thats not the point, the point is why is Canelo or even cotto anywhere near the top of 154? Between them they have only 2 top 10 ranked wins and both were extremely mediocre #6 ranked JMWs. All their other wins are against smaller guys, unranked guys or guys not even top 30.
        Ok... So who should be no.1 then?
        And to be fair this division isn't exactly the 140 or 168 division

Comment

And Kirkland as well. He has wins over #4 Angulo and #5 Molina, 2 very tough fighters

Its not only 154 tho, Ring is doing this in all divisions
          I got love for Kirkland but he's a hype job bro and didn't El Perro lose to Kermit?

Comment

Ok... So who should be no.1 then?
            And to be fair this division isn't exactly the 140 or 168 division
            There isnt really any stand out #1, but it certainly shouldnt be Canelo, Cotto, Floyd, Vanes

Comment

I got love for Kirkland but he's a hype job bro and didn't El Perro lose to Kermit?
              Who cares if he's a hype job? He has better wins and should be ahead.

Cotto became #1 by beating Yuri Foreman, thats right you didnt read wrong, i said yuri foreman.

Canelo #2 by beating Ryan Rhodes, thats right ryan rhodes

Vanes # 3 by beating ......... , thats right.......

Kirkland by himself has better wins at 154 then all 3 of those guys COMBINED

Comment

There isnt really any stand out #1, but it certainly shouldnt be Canelo, Cotto, Floyd, Vanes
                Floyd over cotto was the biggest win in the division in years so why shouldn't it be? Blame the fighters in the division who refuse to fight each other.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  Floyd over cotto was the biggest win in the division in years so why shouldn't it be? Blame the fighters in the division who refuse to fight each other.
                  It was name wise but thats it

Why was cotto #1 of 154 after beating Foreman in the first place?

And then why wasnt he bumped down after fighting Mayorga and Marg, 2 unranked fighters?

Comment

Also Cotto #1 vs #3 Marg was for the Ring belt even tho Williams was #2 after beating Marg
                    I think there was some debate but the ring belt was never on the line. The last person to have The Ring belt at 147 was Floyd from 2006 to 2008 when he retired. Hasn't been a ring champ since.

Comment

Who cares if he's a hype job? He has better wins and should be ahead.

Cotto became #1 by beating Yuri Foreman, thats right you didnt read wrong, i said yuri foreman.

Canelo #2 by beating Ryan Rhodes, thats right ryan rhodes

Vanes # 3 by beating ......... , thats right.......

Kirkland by himself has better wins at 154 then all 3 of those guys COMBINED
                      I see your point, but it just doesn't seem right to rank Kirkland, 3 fight removed from a 1st rd KO and who's best win is over Argulo- who got spanked from Kermit, above Cotto. On the flip side to that Cotto only beat Yuri and Margacheato

Comment

Working...
                      X