Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Expects Bigger Business For Chavez vs. Martinez II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope Sergio realizes he is 100% the boss now. Not Chavez Jr. Not Bob Arum. If he truly wants to take the immediate rematch, and not look for a huge mega-fight with Floyd, then he needs to lay down the law with what he expects. He should make any demands he sees fit, and I hope he does not fight until he feels good and damn ready seeing that he fractured his hand and hurt his knee. Maravilla is just such a nice guy, I do not want to see him taken advantage of. He can make big money with a couple of other fights anyway if he wants to. The world does not revolve around Julio Chavez Jr. Hell, I'd stipulate something in the contract forbidding Jr. from exceeding a certain weight on fight night too. WARGENTINA.

Oh yeah, Martinez dominates in the rematch as well.

Comment

SAme outcome with MArtinez probably knocking the manufactured JCC out cold this time... The guy fought with a broken hand and torn ligaments and still spanked him.. everyone gets caught but Maravilla will make sure he wont make that mistake.. its like comparing a Cadillac to a vw bug...JCC was scared to let his hands go becuz he knew whats they went Martinez will counter his A** all night long... Chavez is like a Cuban fighter just hits the body comes forward, once you start boxing him hes done.. Lara is the same way, inside body shots once you stand on the outside and box hes done with, putting pressure on boxers like this is too easy....

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Burton.Me. View Post
        Chavez will just be leaving himself more open to Sergio's faster hands. Chavez is just going to get pieced up more.
        You forget the other equation. If Chavez applies pressure much earlier he could wear Martinez down earlier and get him out of his rythm. He knows he can hurt Martinez. It works both ways. History is filled with both examples.

Comment

Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
          RESPECT !!!!!!

THE REMATCH WILL BE DRAMATIC !!!!!!!!!!

Chavez KNOWS he can KO Martinez
          How is that exactly? He couldn't KO him. Martinez whooped his ass for 11.5 rounds and got caught with a big shot. He got up and fought back. He didn't run away or hold on, he traded when he was hurt and Chavez couldn't get it done.

Originally posted by codey View Post
          Pointless rematch!
          I agree. I don't see the point in a rematch.

Comment

Man, I wish Arum would just keel over.

I agree with most posters - an immediate rematch is pointless. Chavez was exposed.

Comment

Rematch will be much of the same, maybe even a little moreso since martinez will be a tad more cautious probably. Chavez wasnt able to get off most of the fight not because of anything he did (or didnt do) in training camp, but because martinez' movement, skill and slickness was too much. He completely controlled the fight.

With that saidd, chavez definitely needs to chabge his ways as far as listening to advice, blowing off his coach, etc, tho imo when he trains(night or day) is irrelevant.

Edit:not a rematch i immediately care to see. Would like to see martinez move obto bigger and better things, and chavez to get his poop in a group and get some more skills/experience. But of course arum is all about bleeding fans dry
              Last edited by ~AK49~; 09-17-2012, 02:20 PM.

Comment

i dont know why sergio didnt unleash his overhand left that floored pwill...

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                  Man, I wish Arum would just keel over.

I agree with most posters - an immediate rematch is pointless. Chavez was exposed.
                  This one isn't about Arum. Any promoter worth a nickel would be on the same angle. Martinez's promoter is all over it. Unless Floyd calls for Sergio, there is nothing that would pay Martinez more at the moment. Not saying I want to see it either, but a big fight and event just became a rematch that is an even BIGGER event with stadium potential that will garner massive press and hype.

Sometimes it's best just to ride the wave. This is inevitable. In a business sense, it should be.

Comment

I don't understand this hate-Arum thing. A lot of people want a re-match. Martinez is for it; so why not? Let them make money and let's see if the kid can get in the fight earlier. As for Martinez, let him beat the kid for the 2nd time and move on to some big, deserving fights. (Only thing is...I hope he doesn't decide to fight Canelo.)

About Canelo...put him in with Pirog or Golovkin and let's see how he fares.

Mayweather only has one or two fights left: the guys coming up are too tough and he won't want any piece of him. If he had any smarts, he'd pay Marquez to step aside and begin a trilogy with Pacquoi...after which they can happily retire with an extra 100 million each.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                      You forget the other equation. If Chavez applies pressure much earlier he could wear Martinez down earlier and get him out of his rythm. He knows he can hurt Martinez. It works both ways. History is filled with both examples.
                      He's not going to wear him down earlier. This is Jr. we're talking about here not Margarito. Jr. doesn't apply smart pressure, throw good combinations, or have good stamina. He can try but at the end of the day his face is going to look worse than what it did Saturday night after the fight. This time around Martinez will keep his hands up and fight an even better masterpiece.

Comment

Working...
                      X