Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Macklin Now Targets Sergio Martinez Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would Macklin had done vs Martinez if he came out guns blazing like he did vs Alcine? I think the reason why Martinez was so fresh towards the late rounds and was able to pull the trigger leading to the KO was cause Macklin was a little too conservative.

So in a rematch, do you fight the same way as the first fight? Do you fight like you fought Alcine (for as long as it lasted)? Or do you do a little bit of both?

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
      yeah he did wayyyy better than jcc i actually had macklin winning at the end
      You had Macklin winning after being stopped?

Comment

People must be having Matthew Macklin mixed up with Darren Barker.

Matthew Macklin does not deserve a rematch with Martinez, plain and simple.

He was dominated, stopped and is an all out aggressive fighter who backed up from the first round to the last.

Comment

Macklin deserves more of a rematch than Jr but i wouldnt want to see either get it. Fight each other and go from there. The real Champ destroyed both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyabolic View Post
            How would Macklin had done vs Martinez if he came out guns blazing like he did vs Alcine? I think the reason why Martinez was so fresh towards the late rounds and was able to pull the trigger leading to the KO was cause Macklin was a little too conservative.

So in a rematch, do you fight the same way as the first fight? Do you fight like you fought Alcine (for as long as it lasted)? Or do you do a little bit of both?
            Funny, my take on the fight was that the only reason Macklin was still standing by the 11th was because he didn't come guns blazing as we all expected after we saw him beat Sturm. Martinez saw this, adjusted, and stopped him. After Barker, Macklin, and Chavez Jr., Martinez has become pretty proficient against fighters in turtle shells.

Comment

Working...
            X