Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Martinez: If Julio Wants a Rematch, We'll Do a Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i say he fights canelo, cotto or mayweather first. if he ever loses to one of them then its would be ok to rematch. sergio should keep his stardom momentum going right now.

Comment

We all remember what happened last time Martinez was in a rematch....nuff said!!!

Comment

At this stage of his career, it's about the $$$ for Martinez. No Floyd or Manny cashcow available? No problem! Chavez Jr is there since Canelo is busy fighting smaller guys.

Comment

A rematch seems likely as I doubt Arum would have allowed a contract to be negotiated without a rematch clause. Maybe there were conditions (if a fighter wins X rounds on the cards then they can refuse a rematch) which can allow Martinez not to waste his time when there are bigger and better things. But I doubt it.

Comment

If Martinez wanted to go for greatness in his era, he'd go up in weight and fight Andre Ward. A reason I say Ward's win over Dawson was a good win but nowhere near great or on the level to deserve the praise since, is because Ward didn't go up to 175 for it.

If not, Martinez shouldn't rematch Chavez. He should fight Geale, Golovkin, Quillin/N'Jikam, Piog, etc.

Comment

Other fights I'd rather see, but I wouldn't be THAT upset if they fight a rematch. Just to see what each would do differently. I was surprised Chavez lasted all 12 the first time, and in a rematch it would be even more surprising.

Comment

Do you want to see a rematch of Mayweather-Mosley?

Because this is exactly what it was: a wipeout interrupted by one bad moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post

Perfectly put.

Comment

This was so much more exciting than Mayweather-Mosley though, not just the bad moment but the entire fight. I wouldn't mind it, because Chavez would be more reckless and Martinez would make sure to chop his ass down.

Comment

Bad example considering Mayweather-Mosley was extremely boring compared to this fight. But I see the point.

Comment

Working...
                      X