Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux Decisions Game Marroquin Over Twelve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is how he fights and realize that marraquin did not try to win the fight at all. He threw big bombs from the outside very sparingly and landed a few, but lets not say it was a terrible fight meaning that the fight was close. This fight was a blowout win for rigo. blowout.

Comment

HLs of his fight and KDs here:
      http://www.the13thround.com/phpBB2/v...p?f=85&t=96205

Most were writting off marroquin, i knew he'd give a good showing!

Comment

Sounds like it. He needs to impress. I was only half-joking before. Maybe now they'll let Nonito fight him. Rigo better bring it, 'cause Donaire, as most of us know, is a ****er.

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
          Rigo didn't look very impressive.

He won widely, but not very impressively IMO.
          Nonito hasnt looked impressive in his last 2 fights, and he barely beat Mathebula..

So anyone saying Rigo didnt look impressive because he got caught....REALLY?

Comment

I guess, the saying "You're only as good as your last fight." is true. The guy handedly won every single round... Easy! He gets rocked a couple times and people are giving him a hard time.

Comment

LOL!

This is the guy that Nonito is supposedly ducking??? Get the **** out of here. Nishioka, Abner Mares, and Chemito Moreno are all more dangerous. And Nonito is on course to fight 2 out of those 3 next.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                Considering everything Rigondeaux has been through in the lead up to this fight, is it surprising for him to have such a bad performance? I mean he didn't even know he was going to be able to fight until a few days ago.
                calling ߧ! Plenty fighters take short notice no excuses!! He won, I expected Marr to give em a hard time but Rigo to win!

Comment

Originally posted by MTN View Post
                  I guess, the saying "You're only as good as your last fight." is true. The guy handedly won every single round... Easy! He gets rocked a couple times and people are giving him a hard time.
                  From the looks of it, Marroquin is a respectable puncher. But a guy like Donaire can crack. Rigo's chin was brought into question early on with the Cordoba fight. Now he was wobbled a couple of times by a kid he apparently otherwise owned. Guillermo's style relies heavily on counterpunching and defense. It doesn't bode well if he keeps getting caught by guys who aren't exactly elite.

I can't fail to mention that this is only Rigo's eleventh pro fight. Maybe fans like myself are rushing to see him versus Nonito. Not only would I like to see Guillermo ready to win, but I'd like to see him look good in doing so. I'm more curious than ever to see what Rigondeaux looks like next.

Comment

hes still only 11 fights in making title defenses already. Andre ward was getting rocked by club fighters 11 fights in never mind title challengers

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                      hes still only 11 fights in making title defenses already. Andre ward was getting rocked by club fighters 11 fights in never mind title challengers
                      yah but andre ward wasn't 31 years old and a two time olympic gold medalist with 400+ amateur fights...

Comment

Working...
                      X