Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan Wants Lucas Matthysse December 15, on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL talk about career suicide. You have to admire him for his courage but Mattyse is a better puncher and boxer than Garcia.

Comment

Suicidal...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Nice to read so many people giving Amir props for his courage +1.

I also think Amir is a brave fighter and is a rarity. He is a marketable star who takes on tough fights. IMAGINE THAT.

Sadly, Amir got a questionable chin and half the things he say sounds like moronic ramblings and it angers a lot of fans. That being said, we can't just discount Amir's boxing skills and he does have a chance to beat Lucas.

I mean to think that AMIR would change NOTHING from his Garcia encounter, just fight the exact same way and get knocked out again by being overly reckless. That's probably a bit of a stretch. I feel Amir will adjust quite nicely and figure out a game plan to match Lucas. Despite having great power, Lucas is prone to being outboxed at times and is much more one demenisonal than Khan. I see this as a 50-50 fight. Will not be shocked at all if Amir gets brutally knocked out again, but will not be shocked either if Amir out box Lucas to a wide 10-2 Decision.
        Either way, props to Amir for wanting this fight. Not many boxers will take on someone like Matthysse right after getting knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
          Hell yeah Lets do it...........

Khan knows hes underachieving thats why he wants a good platform to show what he can do. Not sure if he cans stay on his fight against Lucas but I aint counting him out completely hes too talented for that.
          I agree, I can't say there's no way he wins. I do not like Khan, but he is a damn fighter, no doubt about that.

This is strange, he just had a tweet saying, "Who's Lucas Matthysse? That guy who lost to Judah?" I guess that was him being prideful or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
            I think Khan just wants to retire already and is just trying one more gamble...I guess he feels if Judah and Alexander Khan do it...But both Judah and Alexander both tasted the canvas...Khans track rec after hitting the canvas is not good...IMO really bad decision by Khan at this point in his career..But have to give the guy credit for taking the risk..
            Judah and Alexander only did it through robbery, both of them lost to Matthysse.

Khan does a lot of talking, I don't believe he will really take this fight. Matthysse isn't limited like Maidana, he would batter Khan senseless and give him yet another KO loss. Khan flat out isn't good enough to beat Matthysse.

This wont happen.

Comment

This is the very reason I think Khan is one of the best guys to watch on TV, at 25, over the last 3 years, he has consistently fought the best. I can't think of another young boxer who has had tough, almost always top 10 ranked guys, one after the other. Kotelnik, Maidana, Peterson, Garcia, Judah and even McCloskey. All top levels opponents. Khan doesn't take tune ups and crap like that, much like Froch.

I think if Khan can get the right trainer, work on his defence and his inside game, as well as learn to use his natural advantages, he could beat Matthyse. Lucas has understated boxing abilities but Khan, skill and talent wise is on a different level. If he plays it right he could win a comfortable decision.

However, I doubt GBP are going to put Khan in with as high risk/low reward fighter like Matthyse, personally Khan should fight back in the UK, at an arena like the MEN or the 02 and go against a decent name opponent who won't pose a big punching threat. Someone like Denton Vassel (a good domestic fighter) or maybe even Mathew Hatton.

Comment

Props too him and of course I'll get labelled Amirs No1 hater etc but why wouldn't he want to fight world champions for a crack at their title and that especially with the money he gets.

Look at the figures he does considering.

Hes coming off two losses and would be getting a potential world title shot and a guaranteed million + £ its absolutely ridiculous if you ask me. There are better fighters out there that would kill for that sort of opportunity.

The money the clown gets & shot after shot at world titles & **** that are handed too him, Its no surprise hes delusional.

Comment

He needs a few tune-ups with a new trainer before taking on belt-holders.

Comment

Originally posted by BartBears View Post
                    IDK he obviously seems confident he can beat Matthysse.
                    He should be confident,hell if he is not I say it's time to hang um up..But still does not change the fact he was flat on his back twice..Is Matthysse really what he needs right now??That's why I ask the question...

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post

The money the clown gets & shot after shot at world titles & **** that are handed too him, Its no surprise hes delusional.
                      I don't think he has anything handed to him. He fought Kotelnyk to win a world title, a very legitimate champion, unlike what Garcia and Zab Judah have done in the past. He went onto unify the belts against Judah, beat Maidana, Salita and Malignaggi (who has had a resurgence in recent times) and lose a very, very close decision, shrouded in a number of controversies, to Peterson. After that, a fully deserved a shot against Garcia, the supposed WBC champ. Who else was more worthy? apart from possibly Matthyse or Olusegun. Olusegun hasn't had the same level of opposition and Matthyse is a worthy challenger yet Khan brings more money.

Comment

Working...
                      X