Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins MW resume vs Sturms MW resume. Whos is really better & who would win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    The two fights I said Sturm should have lost were his sd. win over Macklin and his draw with Murray.
    he clearly lost to ghevor and probably should have lost the first griffin fight as well. luckily he made up for those gifts by beating sato, pittman, and alcoba who were undefeated so that makes them great.

Comment

Take away the WWs from Hopkins......Sturm.

Comment

Originally posted by chloelloyd View Post
        The TS probably hates Hopkins for some reason rather then actually liking Strum.

I am not even going to break it down, but Bernard will break any version of Sturm, It's a joke thinking 'Oh Bernard at age 40 lost TWO CLOSE CONTROVERSIAL Decisions to a Prime fully focused Jermaine Taylor' = Sturm will beat Hopkins.

lol.
        this^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Well of course it wouldn't effect his standing at MW.

But, he wouldn't be considered an ATG in general if he reitred at that point which answer's your question as to if "Having the most Title defenses at MW is great". It's not.

Felix Trinidad has the second highest amount of Title Defenses at WW yet he's not a Top 10 WW nor is he close. He's not an ATG either in general.

And Hopkins is compared to the best MW's in history in the sense he's a Top 10 MW or at the very least has a strong argument for the Top 10. Despite the fact he just scrapes a Top 10 place, for me.
          Being one of the 10 greatest middleweights makes you an ATG.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            No, it doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post

When did Hopkins ever defeat a great MW?

The best run of Hopkins' career was from Tarver-Pascal 2, that is what has cemented his status as an ATG

To whoever accused me of disliking Hopkins, that's not true, I regard him as one of the top 50 best fighters ever on accomplishments.

This thread is purely about MW though, and I think Sturm has the style and attributes to give him fits

Comment

Originally posted by ElChicano View Post
                Take away the WWs from Hopkins......Sturm.

Even though Hopkins had a longer reign, do you rate Sturm's wins higher?

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

What a stupid question. Sturm's only good win is Oscar De La Hoya.

Hopkins has Johnson, Trinidad, DLH, Joppy, along with a few others.

Comment

Hopkins would crush Strum IMO. Sturm doesn't have a better resume and if you think sturm is more athletic than Taylor you're wrong. Taylor was a really good fighter. Hopkins was rough as hell and would beat sturm up on the inside before sturm could do a thing. Would it be pretty? No... but He'd win.

Comment

Working...
                      X