Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitali Klitschko wants a farewell fight with David Haye in Kiev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a pretty even match-up given Vitali's rapid decline. I'd love to see this at Wembley Stadium.

Comment

Kiev??? Has Vitali gone nuts, the fight makes possibly ten times more money in the UK or Germany.

Comment

As Chisora said: Ain't toe stopping him now

Comment

i'd make the fight in london if vitali wants to maximize his earnings for the fight. i don't know who wins. haye is lightning fast & powerful but vitali is so awkward & long he won't be easy to hit. vitali has slowed considerably the last couple of years & has not fought anyone with the speed of haye. this is a good matchup but i still can't pick a winner.
          Last edited by joe strong; 09-12-2012, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Vitali wins, Haye is strong but Vitali got too much power, Haye might look good but it's only a matter of time before he gets caught and don't let the Charr fight fool you, 1 thing I always noticed about the Klitschko's is they do just enough to win, they don't try to over do when it's not necessary and when it's time they pick it up. Vitali didn't look so good I give you that but understand Charr wasn't a guy he had to go at Lennox Lewis style, he knew this so he took it accordingly. he fought seriously and all he just didn't throw it all out because all in all look at how it ended it was a bad gash from a hook because he's still that strong that he was able to do that, he knew he really didn't have to overwork he just stuck to the game plan and it worked which was (in my Ali voice): stick to the plan, bim boom bam, set his ass up for the straight right hand

I don't think him wanting to fight Haye is some sort of better "last" fight situation where he's only facing Haye to go out on a better note, he showed against Byrd he's more worried about his health and himself to even be that weak mentally to feel like he has to prove that point. he always wanted the Haye fight, he's been asking for Haye for sometime now so it would make sense that he would want him to basically shut his mouth and then retire from there. Vitali is old school minded, he knows the game and he knows he gotta devote himself 110% so regardless of congress issues you better believe he will train his ass off and bring the pain. I can see him dropping Haye a few times and getting the decision or him even stopping Haye

Comment

I can see Haye landing often on Vitali, but he's going to get caught himself. With his typical output, I just can't see how he's going to do enough for the KO. Vitali has never even been down.
              With Haye gassing out so often I see him getting stopped in the second half of the fight.
              From a British perspective, this fight would be awesome in London or Germany. Kiev will be awkward to get to for the British fan's, resulting in a smaller gate.

Comment

Working...
              X