No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 50 Cent, Mayweather Relationship No Longer The Same

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tlarry View Post
    50 is working with Arum to get the fight done, and the truth is beginning to surface. Floyd is all about PROFILING, IMAGE CONTROL, striving to "APPEAR" to all of Boxing he wants to fight Manny, and it's stalling on account of "money & PPV". As 50 Cent starts leaning on Floyd to put up or shut up, Floyd puts up resistance, and THAT'S the friction. Floyd has put off Manny for 4 years saying it was this, or it's that, or this is the reason the fight hasn't happened. 4 years! Hell, Floyd made Mosley & Cotto wait more than 10 years before he felt they were no longer dangerous fighters, and he almost guessed wrong with that. Floyd knows Manny is still too dangerous. Retiring undefeated is WAY more important to Floyd, than to stage an epic showdown with Pacquiao, just as Leonard, Hearns, Hagler, Duran, Arguello, and Chavez would do in the blink of an eye. That's why those guys are Legends of Boxing, and Mayweather never will be. Floyd is all about the safest, least risky route to the bank for a payday. After his war with Oscar who most felt beat Floyd that night, Floyd walked away from $25M for a rematch, that's how much Floyd doesn't want to take chances. SO, 50 Cent, who can barely speak his words correctly, is finding out, that under the cover up, Floyd really doesn't want to fight Manny for no amount of money, but he will smoke and mirror you to death to believe he'd really want Manny, but Manny won't come to terms. All BS Floyd. Manny agreed to a 45%/45% split, with the WINNER getting the XTRA 10%, and Floyd showed his true colors how confident he is, he could beat Manny, and said "NO" to those terms. So 50 finds out who Floyd really is, and needs to grow a pair.
    I'm not giving Floyd a pass for not fighting Pacquiao, but this is garbage.

"50 Cent starts leaning on Floyd to put up or shut up, Floyd puts up resistance, and THAT'S the friction"
    -Only speculation from some guy named Larry.

"50 cent, who can barely speak his words correctly"
    -Jealousy

"Oscar who most felt beat Floyd that night dressed in drag"
    -You don't know **** about boxing

"Floyd walked away from $25M for a rematch,"
    -"Split Decision"

"SO, 50 Cent, who can barely speak his words correctly, is finding out, that under the cover up, Floyd really doesn't want to fight Manny for no amount of money"
    -50 Cent is his friend, not a Pacquiao fan on the internet. You think he's just finding out now indirectly, he's really bothered by it and Floyd needs a cover up?

"Floyd made Mosley & Cotto wait more than 10 years before he felt they were no longer dangerous fighters, and he almost guessed wrong with that."
    -Revisionist history

"45%/45% split, with the WINNER getting the XTRA 10%"
    -Dumb. Floyd makes more money, and boxing is corrupt enough without leaving that money on the table.

Judge him by what he does in the ring and you'll have a lot less to say.

Comment

• Some of you are just making up stuff and assuming stuff

both are grown men, how ever their relationship is that is their business

Comment

• Originally posted by S IP U IR S xII View Post
        I laughed at all the morons who thought that 50 cent would "change the game" because he knows the business, and blah blah blah. Its ok though, these are the same people who probably thought that Master P would change the NFL when he became Rickys agent.

Floyd is not dumb. He knows 50 doesn't have the pull or the resources that GBP can provide. If anything, Floyd wants to take a page from GBP, and follow how Oscar sold the company. Floyd can do the same thing since hes been one of the top names in the sport for the past 5-6 years.
        yea im with you.who is 50 cent?

Comment

• Originally posted by edgarg View Post
          I doubt it. Oscar was a well mannered well behaved person who although not well educated, was well brought up and went to school. Mayweather is basically uneducated, sounds like a thug, is irresponsible and narcissically unreliable. He would have no hope of getting a company going, hasn't he had a shell company for years which has never been licenced?? He'd need to hire at least a dozen top notch people whi have all the contacts (that's the important thing) to get it going.

Oscar had backers who supplied much of the funds and infrastructure. Mayweather wouldn't be able to get them.
          I do agree that Floyd can never be the Mr Corporate America like Oscar, but i do think that he has enough "wisdom" to know that once hes not fighting anymore that he has to change his attitude. I think he can do that. Then again...i also wont be surprised if he is broke in about 6-8 years. I never knew why he had issues with Oscar, as Oscar made him, but i always suspected that Floyd disliked him due to jealousy (watch the fanboys go nuts over this). End of the day, I think "he can", but if he does or will is something else.

Comment

• As long as Floyd keeps duping people into thinking he'll be fighting more, he will be okay on his own. (Remember that he does this when he's promoting his fights, ie, he'll fight five more fights before he retires at 37 when he was promoting Cotto. He's 35 and a half and he's not even fighting this year. He's back to his one fight a year routine.)

When he finally retires, I don't think he has the same negotiating skills people have in the business. He's too arrogant, lacks finesse and diplomatic skills. Fifty is way ahead of him on this aspect. (50 talking to Arum peacefully means he's not Floyd.)

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
              50 Cent got the right mind set.
              Yeah, He wants Our Hero, to make the Pac Fight that would be
              the RICHEST in BOXING HISTORY....WHY NOT Do It "MONEY"???

Comment

• Originally posted by jbpanama View Post
                Yeah, He wants Our Hero, to make the Pac Fight that would be
                the RICHEST in BOXING HISTORY....WHY NOT Do It "MONEY"???
                Because Manny wont fight him !

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  I agree with some of this but my biggest issue is the status of TMT Promotions. I felt the formation of TMT would have been good for the sport and would help create various fights that I would be interested in seeing. Yurokis Gamboa, one of the many fighters I enjoy watching has been inactive for over a year. I felt the backing of 50 Cent's celebrity and Floyd's status as an ATG in the sport would help Gamboa reach his full potential in the ring.

But since he was released from jail, Floyd hasn't endorsed TMT and is still pushing Mayweather Promotions.
                  Rome wasn't built over night bro, and we haven't even heard wether 50 got his license in Vegas. He just applied last month.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                    Because Manny wont fight him !
                    Hey LOADED, U haven't been paying ATTENTION, YOUR HERO,
                    continues to DUCK and DODGE, with Unacceptable DEMANDS,
                    That BOY knows Pac will ReJECT... U REALLY haven't NOTICED???

Comment

• I look at this a different way. To me it shows that maybe his time in jail made him reflect on some things.
                      50 needs Floyd way more than the other way around. He may not need his money, but he sure as hell needs Floyd for exposure. When is the last time 50 had a hit record? His movies are going direct to video. I am sure Floyd took stock of the fact that this dude is trying to ride his wave at a time when Floyd is the top draw in all of sports.
                      Perhaps he is looking around at who was really there for him and probably didn't appreciate 50 and his girl making him look like a clown these last few months. If I am Floyd I am asking him "what can you give me that Golden Boy can't?"

Comment

Working...
                      X