Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Haye vs (past and present) Vitali?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Haye vs (past and present) Vitali?

A lot of things have been said after the Vitali's last fight about the possible fight between him and Haye.

Now I want to hear the supported opinions how do you compare the two. Lets take the best version of haye and compare that with each version of Vitali.

What do you think what would be the outcome of the next fights?

David Haye vs :

1. Vitali that fought Herbie Hide

2. Vitali that fought Lennox

3. Vitali that fought Arreola

4. Vitali that fought Charr/Chisorra

I haven't put the poll deliberatively to avoid trolling without giving any reasonable arguments.
    Last edited by Simurgh; 09-10-2012, 06:54 AM.

Vs Arreola and Charr, i'd give Haye a decent chance.

Haye is very athletic, and Vitali has a tendency to throw easy dodgeable arm punches. In his Prime he would press Haye too much to damage the chin. Haye would jump on him now, he has something to prove

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
      Vs Arreola and Charr, i'd give Haye a decent chance.
      Could you expand on that. Why would you give haye a chance against vitali that fought arreola and not against the one who fought lennox or herbie?

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
        Could you expand on that. Why would you give haye a chance against vitali that fought arreola and not against the one who fought lennox or herbie?
        the one who fought Lennox and Herbie was a lot more agressive.

Comeback Vitali is a great fighter, but in a different way, increased defensive capiabilities at the cost of some offence.

Comment

A lot of things have been said after the Vitali's last fight about the possible fight between him and Haye.

Now I want to hear the supported opinions how do you compare the two. Lets take the best version of haye and compare that with each version of Vitali.

David Haye vs :

I haven't put the poll deliberatively to avoid trolling without giving any reasonable arguments.
          There will be plenty of trolling.

2002-2004 would murder Haye.

Now I give him a 50/50 shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
            the one who fought Lennox and Herbie was a lot more agressive.

Comeback Vitali is a great fighter, but in a different way, increased defensive capiabilities at the cost of some offence.
            I actually believe that Vitali that fought Arreola is the better overall fighter than the one fought Lennox or Herbie.
            After he returned he looked much more experienced, with the much better defence and I think he was picking his punches better. Maybe his output has dropped but he still was landing a LOT of punches in every round of every fight.

He injured himself in the Byrd fight as he was too aggressive - he was trying to KO byrd by furious attacks. He wasn't used to finish the fight with the large UD. All the opponents prior to Byrd, he handled with the TKO/KO and quite fast.

I think the fight with Arreola (although Arreola is nowhere near HOF material) was Vitali's peak. It was a perfect fight, both defensively and offensively.

Comment

I actually believe that Vitali that fought Arreola is the better overall fighter than the one fought Lennox or Herbie.
              After he returned he looked much more experienced, with the much better defence and I think he was picking his punches better. Maybe his output has dropped but he still was landing a LOT of punches in every round of every fight.

He injured himself in the Byrd fight as he was too aggressive - he was trying to KO byrd by furious attacks. He wasn't use to finish the fight with the large UD. All the opponents prior to Byrd, he handled with the TKO/KO and quite fast.

I think the fight with Areolla (although Areolla is nowhere near HOF material) was Vitali's peak. It was a perfect fight, both defensively and offensively.
              I honestly belive Arreola is a truly terrible boxer.

He is a big, heavy thug in boxing gloves.

the Gomez performance was more impressive to me as Gomez is actually a very good boxer.

Comment

Honestly it comes down to age. I have no doubt a prime Vitali would either damage Haye, or make Haye do what he did with Wlad, which is dodge for the majority of the round and try land single hard punches.

The Vitali now has slowed down considerably. Knowing how explosive Haye is i'd certainly give him a chance against a slowed down Vitali. Against Arreola, he was open to counters of which Haye's athleticism certainly allows for.

Comment

David Haye vs :

Good time line.

1- Vitali that fought Hide would have koed Haye

2- Vitali that fought Lewis would have destroyed Haye Ko.

3-Vitali that fought Arreola would have UD Haye. Easily too.

4- The Vitali that fought Charr and Chisorra will lose to Haye via UD.

Vitali is 41, he have had a lot of injuries. I know there isn't that many K2 fans on boxing sites, but I follow both brother's careers and Vitali had to come back from a series of grueling injuries that is finally catching up with him.

If Haye fight Vitali (I say he will), and beats Vitali.

I give Haye as much credit as Calzaghe received in beating Hopkins.

Still a 'good win' but he beat a shadow of a great champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                    I honestly belive Arreola is a truly terrible boxer.

He is a big, heavy thug in boxing gloves.

the Gomez performance was more impressive to me as Gomez is actually a very good boxer.
                    I don't pick that fight cause of Arreola as I too believe he is not particularly good boxer (I still think he is better than Chisorra). I picked that fight as Vitali fought that way it looked so easy. Arreola wasn't able to touch him at all and prior to that he KO/TKO almost every single opponent.

Gomez fight was impressive as well and that's the period for which I think it was Vitali's prime.

Comment

Working...
                    X