Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Haye vs (past and present) Vitali?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chloelloyd View Post
    Good time line.

1- Vitali that fought Hide would have koed Haye

2- Vitali that fought Lewis would have destroyed Haye Ko.

3-Vitali that fought Arreola would have UD Haye. Easily too.

4- The Vitali that fought Charr and Chisorra will lose to Haye via UD.

Vitali is 41, he have had a lot of injuries. I know there isn't that many K2 fans on boxing sites, but I follow both brother's careers and Vitali had to come back from a series of grueling injuries that is finally catching up with him.

If Haye fight Vitali (I say he will), and beats Vitali.

I give Haye as much credit as Calzaghe received in beating Hopkins.

Still a 'good win' but he beat a shadow of a great champion.
    Excellent post!

I agree with the majority of it. I think Vitali that fought Arreola would KO/TKO haye quite easily. Haye's chin is not as good as Arreola's.

Now I give it 50:50 as I can't really determine in what condition Vitali really is. He did slow down for sure, but Charr fight didn't tell much. Vitali didn't have any respect for Manuel and he fought practically without any defence. Haye is in his absolute prime, no doubt about that…

Comment

prime vitali wins easily, current vitali - I favor haye by UD with the slight possibility of a tko

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
        I actually believe that Vitali that fought Arreola is the better overall fighter than the one fought Lennox or Herbie.
        After he returned he looked much more experienced, with the much better defence and I think he was picking his punches better. Maybe his output has dropped but he still was landing a LOT of punches in every round of every fight.

He injured himself in the Byrd fight as he was too aggressive - he was trying to KO byrd by furious attacks. He wasn't used to finish the fight with the large UD. All the opponents prior to Byrd, he handled with the TKO/KO and quite fast.

I think the fight with Arreola (although Arreola is nowhere near HOF material) was Vitali's peak. It was a perfect fight, both defensively and offensively.
        no arreola was a bum who made vitali look good

Comment

The bottom line is Vitali is 41, he can't be considered prime so this Haye's best chance at a win over a Klitschko.

Comment

Old Sanders was a fighter that had speed and power and managed to hurt Vitali and cause problems until he gassed. I'd rate Haye a level above Sanders.

Comment

I think the fight would be similar, with any Vitali, and that it would have been good at any point. I think it would always have been a decision win.

It really all depends on how Haye wants to fight. Against a younger Vitali it would have very much been a defensive fight with raiding attacks, now I think it would still be raiding attacks as his speed is his advantage. The sheer size advantage Vitali has is still a major one, as is Haye's speed. 50/50.

Also depends on how Vitali currently takes a punch from a big hitter with fast, accurate punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                Old Sanders was a fighter that had speed and power and managed to hurt Vitali and cause problems until he gassed. I'd rate Haye a level above Sanders.
                Thread is about to compare prime haye agaisnt different versions of Vitali. Not to troll and talk nonsense about the sander's fight...

Comment

Thread is about to compare prime haye agaisnt different versions of Vitali. Not to troll and talk nonsense about the sander's fight...
                  Not nonsense the first 2 rounds old Sanders was tagging Vitali and hurting him until he gassed. Most fans that watch that fight will share the same view.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                    Not nonsense the first 2 rounds old Sanders was tagging Vitali and hurting him until he gassed. Most fans that watch that fight will share the same view.
                    Vitali outboxed Sanders in the first two rounds. Yes Sanders stunned him at the end of the first round because Vitali was overaggressive (look at the moment when Sanders caught Vitali, he was on ropes). Did that bothered Vitali? Yes, for sec or two... He was recovered in matter of sub-seconds.

It is just sad when you can't find the fight where Vitali was outboxed or troubled. Not even that, you can't find the round, but only a rare segment of it.
                    Btw most of the HW greats would be dropped by that Sander’s shot.

Comment

Vitali outboxed Sanders in the first two rounds. Yes Sanders stunned him at the end of the first round because Vitali was overaggressive (look at the moment when Sanders caught Vitali, he was on ropes). Did that bothered Vitali? Yes, for sec or two... He was recovered in matter of sub-seconds.

It is just sad when you can't find the fight where Vitali was outboxed or troubled. Not even that, you can't find the round, but only a rare segment of it.
                      Btw most of the HW greats would be dropped by that Sander’s shot.
                      Keep acting like it didn't happen. I'll just leave the fight here for people to judge for themselves, it's much better than a few pictures.

Comment

Working...
                      X